Okay... I just got a Jackson for free from a pawn shop. Its missing a few parts on the locking nut, and could use a good clean up on the floyd rose tremolo. That I can handle, but it needs some rewiring and a new pickgaurd.

Question #1: Which Jackson's (Ibanez GRG Stye Body)- Had Pickgaurds? I can't find any... So I don't know which one will fit the current holes.

Question #2: Pickups: I want to change the style of pickups. I want a majorly awesome bridge pickup and a single coil neck, but can you get a pickgaurd like that? If not I could roll with a H-s-s.

Question #3: I was thinking of Duncan's, but if I can't get the H-s configuration then should I go active? 81-85 setup.

Question #4: What can I do with the floyd rose bridge to clean it up? I haven't ever had a guitar with a floyd rose bridge so could someone post some tuorials to restringing it.

Final Question: The body has a few dings in it, should I repaint it, (Use my resources at work to make a cool patern out of vinyl), or scalp the body and buy a new one.

Any opinions would be much appreciated!
Setup:
-Currently BC Strat (CUSTOM): HSH
-Peavey Tube Amp 200 watt 1x12 Celestion (4 ohm half stack cab as extension)

Kona Dreadnot Acoustic Guitar

Electric Strings: GHS Rockits- 11's
Acoustic Strings: Diaddario Mediums
Last edited by ddavis8frontman at Oct 31, 2008,
there is no such thing as ibanez style body do you mean superstrat get picks and maybe would could help
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Awesome Its the Jackson Dinky EX... looks exactly like it...
Setup:

So does anybody know where to get the pickguards for them ?
Setup:

theres a guy sellin this guitar in my area and im thinking about buying it. i already own one early 90's jackson professional and i love it. the guy is sellin it for 150$ with case. should i jump on that or what? ive heard these early 90's professionals are collectors pieces... is that so?
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by jordanzio
theres a guy sellin this guitar in my area and im thinking about buying it. i already own one early 90's jackson professional and i love it. the guy is sellin it for 150$ with case. should i jump on that or what? ive heard these early 90's professionals are collectors pieces... is that so?

Yes buy it now. I'll give you 200 for it.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
The only Jackson Pro's worth collecting are the Archtop Pro, Dave Mustaine sig, RR Pro, Warrior Pro, and the Kelly Pro (neck-thru). These are near-USA quality.

The other Pro's are also really good guitars, however. Some of the best players for the price IMO.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar