ok, I am starting to save and i want to improve my tone. i will save as far as Us$500 and i like playing ac/dc so i want an amp that can give a similar tone. i don't care buying used stuff, and (by the way) i also like metal like Maiden or Megadeth, but i'd rather an ac/dc tone.

i don't care buying a tube amp or a solid state, just want something that gives me the tone (preferently tube=30watts, solid=45/50 watts).

if you think Us$500 is way too low, i wouldn't mind listenin options up to Us$700, but i will definetly not going to save that much.

i think that is all the info needed. if not, i will answer any question.

thanks in advance.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Probably a good time to suggest Peavey Classic 30. Though you'd really need a JTM45 if you wanted to get really close.
My Traynor YCS50 gets me pretty close to that along with tonnes of other classic tones but if you specifically want that AC/DC tone you need an SG with the right pickups.
South America... Not sure of your pricing, but pretty sure it's similar to Australia. Boy I dunno, can you try any of the amps mentioned? (Add a Valveking to the list btw). What do they have in the stores near you and for what kind of pricing? What brands are on hand?
I have a Mesa DC-5 and with my Epi with the burstbuckers in it and the amp on clean and the boost on I get a great AC/DC tone.
So something like this might do it.
Mesa Boogie DC-3 are usually about 500 or so on ebay, it's 30 watt and the DC-5 is 50 watt.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a plexi Marshall.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by gregs1020
South America... Not sure of your pricing, but pretty sure it's similar to Australia. Boy I dunno, can you try any of the amps mentioned? (Add a Valveking to the list btw). What do they have in the stores near you and for what kind of pricing? What brands are on hand?

i wouldnt reccomend the valveking, i own one and its onboard dist is rather muffled and bassy.
well, about where i live: i live in argentina (though i think that is clear)

little intro: my country's money is worth, compared to the dollar, like this:
1 dollar=3,35 pesos

i put i will be able to save like Us$500, but i will be saving like 1500 pesos, maybe something more. things here are more less the same amount of money would be if we convert it to dollars, plus a little more (think it is cause they have to bring the stuff here) but since i live near the capital, i know a place where in 5 blocks there are like 20 or more stores where i could have an entire day trying things.

please i'd love if you could specify the price (so i can have an idea) and the brand/manufacturer so i could ask to try it in any store.the guy that put JTM45 forgot the bramd and the price.

i think that is all.

by the way, to exo m7, did you know your avatar is a fusion between the Che Guevara icon and an anime drawing? Che Guevara was a left oriented revolutionary that fought in Cuba's revolution, and he was Argentinian.............. a little bit of culture...

and i've beensaid an amp modifies your tone a lot more than your guitar, that's is why i don't care the fact that i don't have an sg. i think i will buy the amp first, then a g-400 or some like that
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by ClementWave
Peavey Windsor

This is the correct answer.