Hi. Does anyone ride a fixed gear or have any comments about them?

Also, I'm looking for a bike. Where can I get a bike(FG) in OC?
BMX shop?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
whats a fixed gear bike?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

A fixed gear bike is a bike without a freewheel mechanism therefor it is impossible to coast. That means they also dont require brakes. They are really fun.

Most shops don't have them.
Quote by mikeman
Hi. Does anyone ride a fixed gear or have any comments about them?

Also, I'm looking for a bike. Where can I get a bike(FG) in OC?

build/convert one.

on another note...use gears fixed gears are fun, but once you get down to it, they're impractical, and the scene around them is starting to get absurd and image-centric. i wouldn't mind having one, but i wouldn't have it as my only bike...in the house i live in, there's 4 fixed gears, 2 single speeds, 5 geared bikes (one of which is mine, a Japanese Bianchi), and a makeshift welded tandem i'd take my geared bike any day.

but if you really want one, by all means get one. by any turn of the coin, two wheels > four. not sure of any places in OC, but LA has lots...Orange 20 could help you get parts (if you have lots of money...), and the Bike Kitchen across the street could help you convert a vintage road bike to a fixed gear for very cheap (once you have all the parts), especially if you don't know what you're doing in terms of fixing up and converting the bike. also the Bike Oven north of Downtown LA around Dodgers' Stadium. give 'em a shot one weekend.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
theres a bunch of fixies around davis, but i dont know much about them other than that they are called fixies and are the coolest type of bike for some reason.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Get one and ride backwards. Then you will officially be the coolest kid in town.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress