I saw on Guitar Center, there is this pretty cool new amp head, and it has mostly good reviews, but there is a myth goin around that most reviews on guitar center are acually employees. I play mostly Cream/Hendrix style blues, and some Dylan style stuff. I was woundering if this head is good for it. I already have a VOX AC50(worst head ever) and The Guitar Center im at has a reputation of saying "yes" to everything, buy I know UG doesnt. I also have a Marshall 1960TVAX Cab. Please Reply

I play small gigs(ie. a local bar and sometimes school)
Egnaters are great, I think alot of the reviews are just them not leavin negative ones up
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
You dont need 100 watts for small gigs......thats just overkill

From what I've heard its a good amp, compariable to the more "vintage" amps. I want to try one out, and I'm thinking about getting the Rebel for myself. Just go to GC and ask to crank one up, and see what you think of it.

although it does have 12 tubes.......
I played a halfstack and I wasnt impressed. Not terrible, but nothing worth standing up about.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
i think their one of the best amps on the market right now, soo many features and amazing tones. one of the few amps that really does everything and does it well, just buy one, simple as that, you wont regret it. mine is on the way.
Meh, it didnt blow me away. Very versatile though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i see it has a better version of the marshall jvm

i abed them earlier this yer when i was picking out my newamp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I have a Tourmaster 4100 head and I really like it. I was considering a number of amplifiers from Mesa, Peavy, and Marshall and ultimately decided on the Tourmaster.

I think the key elements were the versatility--I could get many sounds out of the OD channels using the classic/modern voicing and the contour. The ability to switch from 100 Watts to 10 Watts was a big win as well for me (I do recording in my personal studio).

I know tone is a very personal preference but I was surprised at a gig how many compliments I received from my fellow guitarists who were playing through vintage Marshalls and Fenders.

I posted some notes about it when I bought it and included some samples...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=958217
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7
For where you play maybe try the new rebel 20 watt. Would work well for small bar gigs. I have not tried it yet but think it may fit what you do better. It's around $600.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What's wrong with the AC50?

And the Tourmaster was underwhelming.
Quote by imgooley
What's wrong with the AC50?

And the Tourmaster was underwhelming.

the ac50 justwasn't really singing to me.

i played the same tele model i have at home, and this sang to me, all i need is 900 more bucks( i wishsummer came by more than once a year)

i wasn't planning on using ALL 100 watts in a bar, just wished i could SOUND like i was. i like how it has the knob for that.
The Egnaters have a panel on the back that let you select the wattage on each channel, from 10 to 100. If you like it, get it, but it's deadly heavy. Surely there's some small, portable combo that could "sing" to you?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
You dont need 100 watts for small gigs......thats just overkill

From what I've heard its a good amp, compariable to the more "vintage" amps. I want to try one out, and I'm thinking about getting the Rebel for myself. Just go to GC and ask to crank one up, and see what you think of it.

although it does have 12 tubes.......

The Rebel looks cool, you can go from 1 to 20 watts, and from American to British voice, by switching from American 6V6's, to British EL84's.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."