There was a thread in the bass forum, but most of UG doesn't go there anyways. It was about how you look on stage, and now, I kind of want to hear your opinons; do you think it's better to spend more time looking at your fretting, looking completely into what you're doing, or to look out to the crowd, even making eye contact with individual members of the audience, even if it can sometimes make your playing suffer, especially on songs you don't know too well? Where do you think the balance is?
I'd go with playin it well.

It really depends who you're playing for.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Stare into their souls and they'll follow you to the ends of your fretboards
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Whatever works best for you. It's about making awesome music after all. Once you become comfortable you'll be able to move around easier and such.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I try to play without looking whenever possible. Sometimes I practice in the dark for this express purpose.
i havent played gigs yet, but i guess it would be look at them during chords and watnot, and during solos look at ur fingers.
chords arent so hard after all..
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Look at the crowd as much as you can, only look at your fingers if you have to do some really fast run or something.

If you can't play most of your songs without looking then you probably aren't ready to be playing in front of crowds.. That's with the exception of hard parts as mentioned before..
Quote by Mr_Jones
I'm a lizard. So both.

im pretty sure thats chameleon's not lizards.
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
Quote by TubzyX
im pretty sure thats chameleon's not lizards.

Chameleon's are the ones that blend in with their enviroment.
Quote by herby190
Chameleon's are the ones that blend in with their enviroment.

hahaha just because they can camoflauge doesn't mean their eyes can't move independantly.

and wikis agrees with me. chameleon's are the reptile whos eyes move independantly.
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
you can't make a thread in the pit just to get more responses if one of the other forums is better suited to the topic. try musician talk/bandleading or something like that.
from daylight...
...into darkness