Ok, so I just got a MacBook, and my iPod is in Windows format. So when I hook up the iPod to the Mac then it just says that it doesn't recognize it even though it says that it's an iPod I've plugged in.

I've tried restoring it and that didn't help. What do I do?

PS (Could someone give me the link to the iPod section of the forums? I can't find it and I'm almost sure I could find something in there.)
The iPod has a 1-computer-per-user protocol, which means that if you originally synced the iPod to your Windows computer, you can only sync it with that computer. When you sync it up with your new MacBook, your iPod will not recognize it because it's not the original computer.

If you sync your iPod with your MacBook and presuming that you don't have any music in your iTunes yet, it will wipe out your iPod collection. To get around this, just use an external hard drive and transfer the music from your Windows computer to the Mac's iTune and then sync and make your MacBook your new sync computer.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You bought a Macbook. There's your problem right there.

/Trolling

Honestly, you may have to reformat the Ipod, which means losing all your songs.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7