I just got back from work and I got the email about it, checked out the specs, pics etc
It's on the new jackson website.

What do you guys think about it?
I'll be keen to test it when the shipment arrives at work

Jackson SLS3

Released in fall 2008, the SLS3 also marks the appearance of a brand-new Jackson finish, Swirl Green. Further, the SLS3 complements its predecessor, the SLSMG, by offering dual Seymour Duncan® Zebra ’59 passive pickups and shark-eye fingerboard inlays.

The SLS3 is also available in three other classic Jackson finishes—Black, Satin Black and Snow White. In addition to the new Swirl Green finish available for this guitar, Jackson fans can look for new colors on all import model guitars in late 2008.

The site also includes the ENTIRE charvel and jackson catalogue books to read.

Catalogue

Anyway just thought some jackson fans would wanna read up
Ah wierd. it worked when I first looked at it.

try the front page of the jackson website, it has a shot of the body and pick ups.
hopefully the picture will be up again soon.

edit:

i got a photo of one

SLS3 White

Body shot

Head Stock

Back shot
Last edited by signedinbloodnz at Nov 1, 2008,
Thats pretty sick.
i really like the 3 a side headstock, jackson needs more guitars with it
yeah is sure took them a while to update the site but it's looking noice =]
the SLS3 looks pretty sweet, it kinda makes me think of the older style Jackson and Charvel's
and I'm really liking the headstock, I saw it on a KV2T and it looked stunning.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I take it this is a replacement for the SLSMG then?

and it looks nice, just I'm not the biggest fans of the inlays

EDIT and the new SL2h mahq soloist is the most beutiful thing I've ever seen :O
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Nov 1, 2008,
That dick from BFMV now has a jackson siggy.

As nice as that guitar is, i refuse to fund anything he is involved with.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!

do what i did and go to a BFMV concert and yell how much they suck every time they finish a song and enjoy the freedom because everyone in NZ who likes them are emo pussies that won't do anything except try and kick you in the head.
Sweet, they previewed the SLS3 on JC Forum awhile back, but this is cool to see it is going to be an import, AND the new site is up. we MIGHT *GASP* actually see a new catalog!
Don't give two craps of the name on the guitar as long as it plays good and the guy who's name is on it is not a murderer/rapist, racist, or terrorist...
Quote by PCSpeaker

Quote by signedinbloodnz
do what i did and go to a BFMV concert and yell how much they suck every time they finish a song and enjoy the freedom because everyone in NZ who likes them are emo pussies that won't do anything except try and kick you in the head.

Wow. You're both lame as hell. Ok. He has a sig. So what? That doesn't mean that Jackson are now going to decline. I don't like Kerry King or Slayer, does that mean I'm not going to use or buy anything from B.C. Rich or ESP? No. Also, you'd be stupid as hell to go to a concert, WHICH WOULD BE SUPPORTING THEM, and telling them they suck. Because guess what? You just kissed their ass.

Anyways...Back on topic...I think it looks sick as hell. I love the inlays they're using for it.
Quote by Vittu0666
Wow. You're both lame as hell. Ok. He has a sig. So what? That doesn't mean that Jackson are now going to decline. I don't like Kerry King or Slayer, does that mean I'm not going to use or buy anything from B.C. Rich or ESP? No. Also, you'd be stupid as hell to go to a concert, WHICH WOULD BE SUPPORTING THEM, and telling them they suck. Because guess what? You just kissed their ass.

Anyways...Back on topic...I think it looks sick as hell. I love the inlays they're using for it.

Good point, my apologies on the comment.
I still dislike the band, though.
Played the sig guitar and it wasn't too special but that's opinion.

The shipment of Jackson arrives on Wednesday.
Should be great.
Only a couple of USA models though
Quote by Vittu0666

Ya i`m not a fan of Children of bodom that much, there alright, i just like them less after i heard that HORRIDE version of Silent Scream, that was awfull, but anyways, i LOVE my nephews ESP/LTD Alexi laiho 600, wow i shoulda bought that guitar, even though it`s white, it`s such a sweet guitar
I'm so glad there website is back up. And they're still releasing new models.
Long Live Jackson
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
What i like about the SLS3:
- Ebony fretboard
- no trem
- mahogany body
- seXXXy as hell
- it says 'Jackson' on the headstock

What i dont like about the SLS3:
- Headstock
- '59 in the bridge
- '59 + mahogany = mud when you use overdrive/distortion, and there is a '59 in the bridge, so thats not a good combination.
- no OFR version available (SL3 has one, but that model has a rosewood fretboard)
- ugly inlays
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The new website is horrible compared to the old one, imo.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
I'm pretty sure the guitarist in Gojira used one of these when I saw them last wednesday.
Or at least something similar.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
I'm pretty sure the guitarist in Gojira used one of these when I saw them last wednesday.
Or at least something similar.

Yeah, that's what it looks like at least.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by LP_CL
What i like about the SLS3:
- Ebony fretboard
- no trem
- mahogany body
- seXXXy as hell
- it says 'Jackson' on the headstock

What i dont like about the SLS3:
- Headstock
- '59 in the bridge
- '59 + mahogany = mud when you use overdrive/distortion, and there is a '59 in the bridge, so thats not a good combination.
- no OFR version available (SL3 has one, but that model has a rosewood fretboard)
- ugly inlays

agreed, especially on the headstock point, i really dont like it.

I actually dont mind the inlays though, or the fact you cant get an OFR version
Quote by Diamond Dave
agreed, especially on the headstock point, i really dont like it.

I actually dont mind the inlays though, or the fact you cant get an OFR version

if they had one with an OFR and the classic jackson Rhoads styled pointed headstock, i'd plan on that as my next axe. BEAUTIFUL!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
You know whats weird about the new site?

They use the RR24 as 'avatar' for their Pro series, but its not there. It's with the MG series.
I always thought the RR24 was a Pro series guitar?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL

They use the RR24 as 'avatar' for their Pro series, but its not there. It's with the MG series.

Yeah, it's a Pro series. Dunno why they did that. Maybe just a little mistake?
thank god thats a price tag, in the entire guitar shot it looked like an ugly ass chunk of wood on the headstock
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Anyone know if it's more expensive in white??
Really annoyed if it is!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by LP_CL

demmelition king V is the avatar for sigs and it aint there.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
The SLS body can't have a Floyd Rose because the routing for the Floyd Rose is too deep for the body itself, plus a lot of wood will have to be taken out of the guitar which already doesnt have that much wood to begin with.