Squier tele, want to remove the squier. Possible or am I just stupid? And If not possible are the necks just like on the strats where they're bolted on?
The logo is going to be under the finish, so removal is going to mean refinishing the headstock. Seems a bit pointless really.

Yes, tele necks are bolt on. There are some nice replacement Tele necks about (I've just bought one for a guitar that I'm putting together), I've just changed the neck on my Squier Strat, with the old neck, it was never that bad, but the new neck just makes the whole guitar something special.
Last edited by mark_wuk at Nov 1, 2008,
Well, it's not so much I want to put "Fender" on it, so much as I want to make it MY tele not a squier tele. I'm gonna switch out some pick ups (as soon as I start working) with better pups and put strap locks on it, and I'll make it my main guitar. Where do you think they sell necks that are blank that I can put what I want on it?

Any ideas?

[Thanks for the info btw]
Quote by ChrisL120
Well, it's not so much I want to put "Fender" on it, so much as I want to make it MY tele not a squier tele. I'm gonna switch out some pick ups (as soon as I start working) with better pups and put strap locks on it, and I'll make it my main guitar. Where do you think they sell necks that are blank that I can put what I want on it?

Any ideas?

[Thanks for the info btw]

Well, if you want to do something with it, rather than just make it blank (which is what I thought you meant) then sand it down, make a decal, use a sharpie, paint it the same colour as the body or whatever, and then clear coat over the top to protect it.

I've bought necks from E-bay - I'd recommend a Fender licensed neck, rather than some no name copy, as you'll have less problems getting it to fit nice.

If your neck is good already, I'd just go down the sanding the headstock and refinishing route to be honest.
if ur "ashamed" of ur guitar...get a new one lol...or switch the necks if u wanna subconsciously know ur lieing to ppl when they look at ur guitar

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Well I want a neck that is blank, so I can put my own name on it like the "Nanocaster" or the "Millicaster"

or something of the sort. Y'know? Just Something that sounds cool, but is not tele or strato.

I'm gonna look through e-bay in that case, and if I don't I'm gonna refinish the head stock.
FYI: I have a gibson sg. So I could care less what people think of my guitar. I just want it more personal and I don't want to ruin my expensive guitar by getting rid of the Gibson logo I figure If i do it with the cheap one, no harm no foul if i **** up too bad.
The bolt necks carvin sells dont drop in a strat neck pocket. I have one and its to wide so has to be sanded to fit. The tele and strat neck pockets are different so a carvin wont work with out mods anyways. Warmoth details the differences on their site.
I did this to my squire strat

You need an exacto knife, some type of oil or pledge and a lot of patience,
This will take about 20 minutes

Only scratch very lightly where the logo is first you have to use the blade at an angle then the light finish will come off then the logo will peel of as you scratch away stop then oil it or use pledge and it will look almost like it never said squire and you canonly tell if you are really close and under bright light

There is finish under the logo as well
or you could sand the face of the headstock and tape up the rest of your neck. Then draw your name or whatever you want and finish with some laquer
Quote by Tackleberry
The bolt necks carvin sells dont drop in a strat neck pocket. I have one and its to wide so has to be sanded to fit. The tele and strat neck pockets are different so a carvin wont work with out mods anyways. Warmoth details the differences on their site.

Is this the same with their bass necks as well? Because I was thinking of doing some work on my bass and putting a new neck on it, and it's a Squier.
Carvin does not do things to fender specs, Warmoth does. Good?

And, to remove the logo, get some sandpaper and go to town. Some 220 should be good, or even 180. That is getting pretty rough though.

Follow this tutorial for putting on a new decal.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
get the neck from stew mac i bought a strat neck for my build from em and its perfect
FYI there is no logo at all
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by ChrisL120
FYI: I have a gibson sg. So I could care less what people think of my guitar. I just want it more personal and I don't want to ruin my expensive guitar by getting rid of the Gibson logo I figure If i do it with the cheap one, no harm no foul if i **** up too bad.

You have a Gibson SG, but you want to take the Squier logo off of your SQUIER tele and then make it your main guitar?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Squiers can be modded to far surpass the quality of a Gibson.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
But just by changing his pickups, while continuing to use his Squier neck?
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Øttər
Squiers can be modded to far surpass the quality of a Gibson.

Can be. Can.

Squier necks aren't necessarily bad. It might play incredibly well.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Touche Øttər
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.

The thing about quality control is that it's just hit and miss.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo