alright, at the intro of Back in Black (ACDC), the first couple of chords are like these:

|----------------------------------
B|------------------3-3-3--------
G|------------------2-2-2-------
D|-2---------------0-0-0-------
A|-2------------------------------
E|-0------------------------------

strangely, they are really hard to play without hitting the other strings. Is it just practice, or is there a specific hand position they use for this? also is there a sort of name for these chords? It does look a lot like a power chord, but arent they usually played (root) either Low E or A string?

Happy Halloween BTW!!
Hey man.

You're quite right about the power chord thing. I'm not sure about the song, but just from that tab you posted you're certainly only playing the so called 'power chords'

A power chord is simply a root note and a perfect fifth above the root played at the same time, and in this case, the octave of the root. In this case E5 (containing the notes E & B followed by another E) and D5 (containing the notes D & A followed by another D)

Now comes the problem of hitting these chords without the other strings ringing out. Well I'm afraid you're gunna have to practice your ass off and get your right hand accuracy up! You also should start looking at string muting with your left hand. There are many ways (too many to explain here) that you can lightly touch other strings that you don't want/need whilst holding chords and this stops them ringing out.
you need to practice them, how long have you been playing?

first chord is an Em and the 2nd one is a D chord
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
you'll get to a point where they get easier to play.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Practice, it takes time to get the hang of hitting the right strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by akm_202
you need to practice them, how long have you been playing?

first chord is an Em and the 2nd one is a D chord

i have been playing 3 months.

Im can hold my own (for a beginner) when it comes to power chords becuz i just mute the rest of the strings except for the low E, these are a bit of a pain because u need accurarcy

time to practice
Just imagine if you'd spent those 3 months working on just hitting the right strings rather than muting which you don't really need to worry about so much at this stage
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com