I need a tuner that can tune to drop C!!!!!! What is a good, easy to use, relatively cheap tuner that i could get to help me tune to drop C?

The one i have now is a $15 Korg GA-30. If this can be used to tune to drop C I don't know how.
any tuner. Make sure it's calibrated to 440hz. Now see those tuning keys at the end of the headstock? Turn them until the strings go from EADGBE to DGCFAD, then take the low D down to a C. You now have Drop C tuning.
you can use a standard tuner also, just tune low E 2 steps down and all other strings 1 step down
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

SO GO GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean you "don't know how?" Tune your E string down until it says "C."
You're*
you can tune to drop c with any tuner,except with those crappy automatic tuners ^^
i actually think i saw a sticky tuning thread on uG so try to find it
ok, i have the same tuner as you. press the "flat" button 4 times, tune your e string down till it says e again. now press the "flat" button again till there are no more flats showing. ok, press the "flat" button 2 more times so there are only 2 flats showing, tune the rest od the strings to their appropriate notes.
Quote by syn7
you can tune to drop c with any tuner,except with those crappy automatic tuners ^^
i actually think i saw a sticky tuning thread on uG so try to find it

works with a crappy automatic tuner also, just press low E string on 4th fret and tune to E , then press all other strings on 2nd fret and tune as if you tuned to standard tuning

facepalm
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by winterXsolstice
ok, i have the same tuner as you. press the "flat" button 4 times, tune your e string down till it says e again. now press the "flat" button again till there are no more flats showing. ok, press the "flat" button 2 more times so there are only 2 flats showing, tune the rest od the strings to their appropriate notes.

The low E or the high e? I just want to be sure you didnt capitalize on purpose.
Quote by dcvlehr
The low E or the high e? I just want to be sure you didnt capitalize on purpose.

low e

Quote by Survivalism
SO GO GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean you "don't know how?" Tune your E string down until it says "C."

my tuner doesnt pick it up is what i mean. Anything below E on my top string or 6th string, w/e u wanna call it, doesn't get picked up
Quote by Jaekae
you can use a standard tuner also, just tune low E 2 steps down and all other strings 1 step down

+1
Tune your low E string to D by using the 7th Fret instead of the 5th to tune. Then tune all your other strings down using the 5th Fret method so that you're in Drop D (DGCFAD) and then just tune your bottom D String to the 7th Fret to get it to C, and there you go, Drop C Tuning, all done by ear
use a reference pitch somewhere. Get an online tuner or piano to play a note, and match it with the open string.
I am having the biggest trouble tunning the G to an F. My tuner doesn't show F lol...
Quote by dcvlehr
I am having the biggest trouble tunning the G to an F. My tuner doesn't show F lol...

hold 2nd fret and tune it to g

Quote by Jaekae

Or you could just tune it until it sounds the same as the 5th fret on the C.
My tuner did that too, I just had to do it by ear.
Quote by Jaekae

Alright got that string done, 1 more to go..
How do i get that D to a C? Sorry, i'm a total tuning nub
Quote by dcvlehr
Alright got that string done, 1 more to go..
How do i get that D to a C? Sorry, i'm a total tuning nub

hold 4th fret and tune it to a E , to do as i say your tuner should be in standard mode, not in flat

Quote by winterXsolstice

+1, this is all you need to know.

read the manual in future mate.

okay see the middle button that says flat? press that button twice until you see this symbol :

make sure that there is 2 of that symbol on the screen. now tune your guitar like you normally would. EVEN if the screen says you are tuning in regular tuning.

when you are done press the flat button 2 more times to get this on your screen

♭♭♭♭

now that you have 4 flat symbols on your screen tune the low e down until the meter reads

E with the green LED(even though it's actually gonna be a c)

and there you go
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by Jaekae
hold 4th fret and tune it to a E , to do as i say your tuner should be in standard mode, not in flat

+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
very helpful

I was told by someone else to tune the top string by the 9th fret and the string below it, then after that tune the 5th string by holding the 7th fret and tuning to the string below it

So i did that to tune the top 2 strings, then i used the flat feature on my tuner to tune the bottom 2 strings, then i did what you said to tune the 2 middle strings lol...So now my guitar should be in Drop C right?
Quote by dcvlehr
+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
very helpful

I was told by someone else to tune the top string by the 9th fret and the string below it, then after that tune the 5th string by holding the 7th fret and tuning to the string below it

So i did that to tune the top 2 strings, then i used the flat feature on my tuner to tune the bottom 2 strings, then i did what you said to tune the 2 middle strings lol...So now my guitar should be in Drop C right?

dunno you should use one method, mine is to have a tuner in standard mode and hold 4th fret on the low e sting and then hold 2nd fret on all other strings while doing a normal tuning,

OR you could press flat four times which is the same as holding 4th fret, on low e and have flat on 2 ( same as holding 2nd fret) for the other strings and tune normally