I've been thinking about getting a new guitar. But I'm not sure what to get. It has to be under $1000 in Singapore Dollars. I think that's about $700 in US Dollars and about 420 in Pounds. So I'm letting you guys decide I play stuff like, Indie, Rock, Alternative.

So.. what do you guys think I should get?

totonEDIT: Oh, prices SLIGHTLY higher than my budget won't be a problem.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Last edited by toton1989 at Nov 1, 2008,
It depends on what you like to play. Personally, I'd go with a souped up Epiphone Les Paul on that budget, but you could also get something like an Ibanez if that's more your style.
I'm not quite sure if it's in your price range, but I think an American Tele would be awesome for your type of music. I think they're close to $900 US dollars, but that's not that far off. You could always go with an American Strat (extremely versatile) in that same range, but I think the Tele is the perfect fit for your style. Whatever you choose...good luck!
By the way...I knew someone would suggest an Epi LP. Don't do it...save up and get a real LP, if that's your thing (I have both Strats and LP's...love 'em both!). But, for close to the same, you can get the real deal in the Fender line!
Yea I've a heard lot of bad things about the Epiphone Les Pauls. Fender Tele maybe, but I can only afford the Japanese ones right now

Be patient...save up a little more and buy exactly what you want. Don't settle! It's your hands and ears that should be the deciding factor!
I was thinking about a Gibson LP Studio. Or maybe a PRS SE, either the Singlecut or the Custom Semi Hollow Soapbar.

Both beautiful guitars. To me, the PRS is a very smooth Les Paul copy. A work of art, no doubt, but still not an original. Of course, I'm a little bit cliche'...I play LP's and Strat's...So, take it with a grain of salt. Get what feels right to you!
How about the PRS SE Custom Semi Hollow with the soapbar pickups?

ESP f2-e, good for rock and inde.
Has whammy bar too (could be good or bad)
Looks cool aswell, it is a neckthrough
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
ESP f2-e, good for rock and inde.
Has whammy bar too (could be good or bad)
Looks cool aswell, it is a neckthrough

I don't really like how it looks

Fender MIM HSS strat.
Probably the most versatile guitar on the face of the earth. Or at least, the American one is.
But really, that's a great guitar, just a bit overy your budget.
You're from Singapore right, go to the classifieds in SOFT. Try to find a nice used guitar there. Used is better value for your money.

Other than that, I suggest a thinline telecaster or a tele custom

You could try Edwards guitars as well. They go for only slightly higher than your budget, and there's a used piece on the classifieds there.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
^ yeah, that's just what i was going to say, if you get the japanese brands (like edwards, also stuff like japanese-made tokai etc.) in singapore, those'd be worth looking into.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lithium26
You're from Singapore right, go to the classifieds in SOFT. Try to find a nice used guitar there. Used is better value for your money.

Other than that, I suggest a thinline telecaster or a tele custom

You could try Edwards guitars as well. They go for only slightly higher than your budget, and there's a used piece on the classifieds there.

But I don't really want a used guitar Though I'm rather tempted by a Wine Red Gibson Les Paul Studio I saw on SOFT.

totonEDIT: Not the one with the broken switch. It's this one

Last edited by toton1989 at Nov 1, 2008,