Yeah so I'm in the market for a new steel-string jumbo acoustic. Looking at around £350, possibly strechable to maybe £425. Currently very interested in Takamine EG523sc and was very impressed when I tried one a few days ago. Electronics are optional but not essential.

Any other suggestions? Will be ordering new from the internet. Anyone know a good place for ordering acoustics?

Thanks
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I'm sort of in love with Takamines so I'd say go for it, it looks a nice guitar, is made from nice wood and as you said yourself you already played it and liked it. While I'm not sure about this there's also a chance that you could upgrade the electronics to the cooltube if you ever want to. While I've not had the chance to try one I've heard people raving about it.
Yeah it certainly has great reviews everywhere and a search on here has revealed some really positive opinions. Not sure about the electronic swap but I'm not too concerned about that if I'm honest.

I think I'll go for it.
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Alright. Why bother ordering it off the interbut if you can just buy it at the place you played it? Not only do you get to play the actual guitar before you pay for it, making sure that the individual one you got is of satisfactory condition, but you've got a much much better chance of getting some freebies thrown in.
Seagull Maritime Spruce Mini Jumbo. One of the best $500 guitars I've ever played.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Alright. Why bother ordering it off the interbut if you can just buy it at the place you played it? Not only do you get to play the actual guitar before you pay for it, making sure that the individual one you got is of satisfactory condition, but you've got a much much better chance of getting some freebies thrown in.
Because I tried it at Manny's Music NYC. I live in the UK

Wasn't overly impressed with the Seagull I played in NYC
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Yeah I was gonna buy it there, get a hardcase and bring it home but then the cost turned out not to be much different than the UK price and with way more hassle
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit