Just wondering if anybody knows which strap locks would be best suited to fit a Gibson? I dont fancy forcing an oversized screw into this thing *has images of splitting it right down the middle* aaaaaaargh
I use Dunlop Strap Locks on my Epiphone Les Paul and they've never failed on me. Tight, secure, easy to use. I reccommend them to everybody. I've also heard good things about Schaller strap locks, and over here in the UK they're about £8 (roughly $16) cheaper than the Dunlops.
i know this is not what you wanted, but i am curious. why doesnt a normal lock work?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Schaller FTW!
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Why not just use some washers?

They're about 20p and work brilliantly. And won't break anything.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i was using plastic strap locks before and they were good but then one day the neck end one broke and i almost droppped my tele..
Quote by GangsterLi
i know this is not what you wanted, but i am curious. why doesnt a normal lock work?

maybe hes scared of seeing his LP fall to the ground?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by whatshisname
i was using plastic strap locks before and they were good but then one day the neck end one broke and i almost droppped my tele..

Lucky it wasn't a Les then. If it was a Les that thing would have crumbled and smashed off the floor.