I Looove them.

*Swoons*
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
one of my favourite bands of allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll time
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
always makin' me feel happy or at least like i want to wrap myself up in a blanket.
There so good These guys and Radiohead got me into Indie Music. After my parents got divorced me n my dad listened to them for like 3 years straight every day. oh and the piano in Acts of Apostles....words can't describe.
Belle and Sebastian cheered me up on lonely cold winter days of disorientation and longing.

I got all their CDs and made copies of them for my own personal use jk, but my favorites are If you're feeling sinister and The life Pursuit.

No better Scottish band comes to mind at the moment, I truly think they are the greastest Scottish band of all time, and I should know since my name is Scott, however you may disagree.

Do they have a new album coming out yet? because it's almost been 3 years since the last one and that is a long time, epsecially when compared to our short lifetimes.
like i said, they just released The BBC Sessions, but i haven't heard anything about a new B+S album. i think i heard something about a new album from Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan.
'Every Belle And Sebastian song is like soundtrack to a cute little indie rom com'
I saw that on a youtube comment, and I think that describes them aptly.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
To be honest I think it's unlikely B&S will ever release another record.

However Stuart Murdoch's just released his God Help the Girl project which you should all check out.

I <3 Belle & Sebastian, especially Tigermilk and If You're Feeling Sinister.
that is a shame if they don't. i would be let down because i am sure that they have more good stuff left in them.
Loving B&S at the moment, would be a massive shame if they don't release another record indeed. Dress Up In You is such a phenomenal song
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
I'm not sure, The Life Pursuit was a pretty big letdown.

i'll respectfully disagree. it was a great little record, even if it was in a different vein than their older stuff.
Yeah it is pretty good, but compared to their other stuff a letdown for me.

That said, Another Sunny Day is one of their best songs I think.
I want to get into them, what album should I start with? I'm thinking the Life Pursuit
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
That's pretty accessible if you like pop in a more mainstream sense, but it's not very representative of the band. Get If You're Feeling Sinister if you like more indiepop/jangle/twee etc.
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
That's pretty accessible if you like pop in a more mainstream sense, but it's not very representative of the band. Get If You're Feeling Sinister if you like more indiepop/jangle/twee etc.

you have got my attention.

I shall follow your advice.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
Yeah it is pretty good, but compared to their other stuff a letdown for me.

That said, Another Sunny Day is one of their best songs I think.

anytime i am having a bad day, i played this song and immediately it cheers me up

I think my favorite album of theirs, however, is If You're Feeling Sinister. There are just so many gems on it.

Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying? Fantastic! I was so pleasantly surprised when they used it in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Stars of Track and Field? Brilliant!
Last edited by madefortvmovie at Jul 29, 2009,
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Jul 30, 2009,
Piazza New York Catcher makes me a bit teary. That song reminds me of my ex.
Actually the band reminds me of my ex. ;_____;
--------
I've been interested in these guys for a long while. Unfortunately every time I see any of their material in stores it is very costly - the cheapest I've seen any of their material for is $17.99.

Hopefully I'll stumble upon a great deal some day soon. Where should I start with these guys when I have the chance?
I'm really loving this band, but could someone recommend me some of their songs? My favorites would be Sleep the Clock Around, Dylan in the Movies, If You're Feeling Sinister, and Get Me Away from Here I'm Dying

thanks
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
I've never heard a full album by them, only a few songs here and there.
No music shops around here carry them, which I suppose can be expected.

I love the sound though. I think that's the kind of stuff I want to play - that jangly/twee stuff.

love it.