Hey, I went on a small outing with my family to vienna for 2 days (yesterday and today), at the hotel (one at which I have stated many times) I plugged in my 1300 dollar laptop for it to charge. I went out and when I got back the laptop was gone, some stupid SOAB broke into my room and stole the laptop. Now I'm 16 years old, the laptop was my birthday present, I haven't even had it for more than 2 months, espeacially for someone like me 1300 bucks is a f/ck load of cash, you can't believe how devastated I am about this, How would you deal with something like this (I know the main solutions are fap and rape so plz don't mention them.

Also share your similar stories about thing that where stolen from you.
Whoa, I don't think you can.
I don't know much about this but does the hotel have some sort of insurance thing?
Anyway I had $20 stolen out of my bag, nothing compared to this.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Rape someone

if that doesn't make you feel any better, then fap.

But seriously, there is nothing you can do...
The police(ye Sting and the rest of em) won't do lots just to find a mising Laptop...

sorry for ya mate
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
the hotel said they are only insured for objects stolen that were in the safe, ironically enough the safe is too small to fit a laptop, they suggested I go to the police but that in the end it won'tmake a difference, anyway I'm back home now so there's nothing I can do

I was saving up for a new amp, which I now cannot buy because I need to replace the laptop

also inside the laptop was a game which is also gone now.
Dude, go to the police and ask the hotel if it has security cameras.

BTW I live in Vienna.

sorry to hear about your loss though, I can very well imagine that it is frustrating.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Demonology
Does the hotel have security cameras? =\\

no, the door had marks, was broken with something like a crowbar, I'm actually an optimistic happy person, I feel kind of depressed, twas the most valuable thing I own.
Quote by Eruption1991

BTW I live in Vienna.

police won't help me with the laptop, there aren't security cameras.
ok, why did you bring your 1300$ Laptop to Vienna? Sorry to say that, but it was kind of stupid
Quote by Demonology
Does the hotel have security cameras? =\\

I bet it was an inside job, say a cleaner or maybe the bell boy.

Sorry to tell you TS but your laptop's a gonner, the Italian policia wont do a thing either. They'll take your stats and go back to eating carbonara.

Report it to the hotel, they'll have insurance.
Quote by Eruption1991

BTW I live in Vienna.

The pit will solve this crime!!!
I have my first suspect. *puts on deerstalker hat*
Quote by Eruption1991

BTW I live in Vienna.

sorry to hear about your loss though, I can very well imagine that it is frustrating.

I live in Vienna too. Vienna FTW!

TS, you could try going to the police but Viennese police are notoriously bad for not giving a flying fuck. I've been broken into twice and they've done sod all about it. They just don't really care. If your hotel had security cameras it may be a different story, but it's rather unlikely that you can do anything. Report it to the hotel and see if they can do anything, then if it progresses take it to the police.
Quote by Preid
the Italian policia wont do a thing either.

Vienna is the capital city of Austria, perhaps you're confusing it with Venice, or Verona.
Quote by Sguit
ok, why did you bring your 1300$ Laptop to Vienna? Sorry to say that, but it was kind of stupid

Hey, can I just ask you one thing?

Why do you get a laptop if you're not going to take it out of your house?

Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss. Making me reconsider taking my X360 when we go on vacation.
Quote by Preid
I bet it was an inside job, say a cleaner or maybe the bell boy.

Sorry to tell you TS but your laptop's a gonner, the Italian policia wont do a thing either. They'll take your stats and go back to eating carbonara.

Report it to the hotel, they'll have insurance.

to the guy earlier on: I took my laptop with me because I had work to do, not only did lose the kap top but all my music was on there, all my work and files, it's all gone.

to preid = the hotel manager used a machine to check the lock (it works with an electric card) and the only card used was my own, oyu could see ont he doore that it was tempted with, also the hotel only insures for objects that were stolen from the safe but as I said the safe is too small to put anything in.
which hotel did you stay in?
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Usually I was gonna get a new amp for Xmas (if I contribute some cash towards it) now I have to wait for ages before I can get my amp.