Hey there,
As you probably read, I'm considering to buy a (semi-)acoustic guitar.
I've been very much into acoustic stuff lately and I'm pretty psyched with finally getting one. However, I haven't got a clue what to buy..
I'd like a pretty confortable and fast neck (preferably with a cutaway), but it should manage to handle everything, from acoustic shred (à la Malmsteen, I'm making a Malmsteen acoustic medley btw ) to just simple regular songs to Tommy Emmanuel,etc.
I can spend up to an absolute max of €700 (guitar+amp), any recommandations?
Thanks !
What do you mean semi-acoustic? Electronics with your acoustic?

Regardless, I would still suggest an Epiphone Masterbilt or a Guild GAD series. The epi is a great finger picking guitar. The neck shape just makes it comfortable.

As for amps... you can pretty much use a solid state electric amp. There's not too much difference between the two.

Honestly speaking though, you won't plug into the amp much unless you need to play loud.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
What do you mean semi-acoustic? Electronics with your acoustic?

Regardless, I would still suggest an Epiphone Masterbilt or a Guild GAD series. The epi is a great finger picking guitar. The neck shape just makes it comfortable.

As for amps... you can pretty much use a solid state electric amp. There's not too much difference between the two.

Honestly speaking though, you won't plug into the amp much unless you need to play loud.

Yes, I know I won't use them that much, but I think it'll be easier as I'm planning to gig with it as well..
So basicly I could just plug it into my solid state amp.. nice!
I'll certainly take a look at those guitars, but I've read really good things about Ovation and Seagull and all, any info on those?
Ovations... sound like crap unplugged and slides off your leg when you play sitting down. Most of the time, you play sitting down and acoustically soo.... I try to avoid them, as do many others. People generally swear by them or damn them to hell. Make sure you try one first.

Seagulls are great. I've never come across a bad one. The build quality is just superb. I have one myself, and although I dont like mine as a strummer, the wider neck is really good for finger picking.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.