I am looking to get that hard rock sound. Something such as Disturbed or what i really want, Killswitch. This is the amp i have.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V18212-18W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487055

and my guitar is an ibanez s520ex

I'm pretty new to electric guitar...only played for 2 months, so I haven't had a lot of time to experiment and being in japan...i cant just go jam out in a music store and try stuff out.

What would i need to get that could help me get that sound? Just an effects pedal? Or something more? I really don't want to get a new amp right now.
If you can find one in japan. Try a Blackstar HT-DistX pedal. Apparently it's a Mark IV (Killswitchish) in a box.
These go to eleven...
dude, nice rig and if you want to get a disturbed sound i highly recommend digitech the weapon as it is dan donegans signature pedal, that might just help
Quote by hamsta_hobo
dude, nice rig and if you want to get a disturbed sound i highly recommend digitech the weapon as it is dan donegans signature pedal, that might just help

Ty Just need to get some new pups in it. Friend that has been playin for 20 years visited a month ago and tried it out. Loved the guitar, just not the stock pups

Is there a specific digitech model?
i think you should find out the set up and the kinds of pedals and effects your fav bands use. then look for a multi-effects pedal that can imitate some of those sounds. then experiment and change the sound to your liking. i recommend the Digitech RP 250. really great sounds