Ok guys, im confuzzled.

I hear people saying that the BOSS Metalzone Pedal is a great pedal, but i also here people saying its bad, and something about a fiasco, or something-er-other.

So does anyone know really whats so bad/good about, because i was looking to buy it until i heard all this jazz.

Thanks guys
It sounds digital and fizzy. If you want proper distortion I'd look into a Metal Muff
WTLTL 2011
ok, thanks. Do you have any experience with the metalmuff, or know how it sounds, etc, etc?
its quite thin and crappy, but if you have an amp that takes pedals well, and you get the keeley mod, it can give you some pretty sick distortion.

EDIT: just to clarify, i was talking about the metal zone, not the metal muff.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Personally, i find the Metalzone sounded too fuzzy, through any amp :/ Bit "weak", generally, a crappy sound.

I went for the EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost instead. Its amazing.
Built like a brick shit-house too haha!
so the metalmuff is the way to go, huh?

Hows the tone one it, because i was thinkking about getting an EQ as well to open up more possibilities
what amp you got btw?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I believe the Metal Muff has bit of a scooped mids sound. (Correct me if I'm wrong). I know the Big muff does. There are plenty of tonal options availible, but an EQ pedal is always something that is a good investment.
Im Using a Crate Flexwave 120H

And please dont say "OMGZ, getz youz anuther Ampz, lolololol" I cant afford it.

And for the Blackstar. Ad firsthand experience?
The Keeley modded Boss Metal Zone is one of the best distortion pedals IMHO. It's MUCH better than the stock version.
the normal metalzone is alright, and can be very good with mods and a EQ

I got a metal muff and I'm pleased with it, although its not the best thine everrr
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
no idea :P I just know there are some mods availible somewhere :P

but get an EQ peda and a metal muff imo
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Mark G
It sounds digital and fizzy. If you want proper distortion I'd look into a Metal Muff

+1
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
for the mods, go to robertkeeley.com he mods most boss pedals if you send them in to him
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
metal muff is a good pedal.............but if you can afford it look at the mi audio crunch box.
i dont see why everyone swears by the metal muff, it sounded like fuzzy shit to me... just my two cents... both pedals suck get amp dist ftw
so i read up on the Blackstar, and they said it wont give you a nice tight metal sound, but more of a rock scene, like Alice in Chains or CKY, or something er other.

And im looking for nice tight metal sound, so that rules it out. So now im down to three: The Modded Metalzone, Metalmuff, and i was also recommended the Digitech Metal Master...

Anyone have any info on it?
ive already stated not to tell me to get a new amp, because i cant afford it.

Thats the whole point of me asking for pedals. If i could afford the 6505+, trust me, id get it in a heart beat
but ive also heard its digital and fuzzy, so im looking for other options. Thats not to say im not ruling it out, because i like it as well, but i want to play the metal muff first, and seei f anyone knows anything about the Digitech Metal Master
I see the 5150 combos go for 500-600 all the time. Sell the crate and get 2-300 dollars+the 150 for the pedal and you're almost there. There's no point in running a mediocre(I think they're all mediocre) pedal through a bad amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It sucks. IF you're cofused, then try it out for yourself

I recommend the sansamp gt-2 over anything
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Am I the only one who really doesn't like their Metal Muff?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I see the 5150 combos go for 500-600 all the time. Sell the crate and get 2-300 dollars+the 150 for the pedal and you're almost there. There's no point in running a mediocre(I think they're all mediocre) pedal through a bad amp.

Its not exactly a Bad Amp, its just doesnt have much versatility when overdriven. It has crazzy good cleans though.

But i do like your idea though.
Quote by loonyguitarist
Am I the only one who really doesn't like their Metal Muff?

I really cant say that I don't like metal muff. But there are a lot of better pedals out there.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots