So I was looking at two guitars that I am interested in getting, and as I was looking along on the forums at the same time, I noticed a thread about coil tapping. I did some research on this, and discovered coil splitting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think coil splitting is better. So, to the question.

I'm looking at an Epiphone LP Custom, and a Fender'72 Telecaster Deluxe. In the back of my mind, I'm also considering a Fender Fat Strat. I know that most Seymour Duncan Humbuckers can be split, if I decided I didn't like the stock pickups on either guitar. But, as for the Fender Wide Range (For the Tele), and the Alnico Classic (For the Custom), can either of these Humbuckers be split? I can't tell from the schematics. Thanks!

Edit: Also, do the Fender Wide Range Humbuckers really "Humbuck?" I've read yes and no.
to be splitable it would have to be 4 conductor.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
^ +1

series/parallel would be another option to consider (again, needs 4-conductor wiring).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Raxef
Edit: Also, do the Fender Wide Range Humbuckers really "Humbuck?" I've read yes and no.

Yes, they really are humbuckers. So, they do 'humbuck'.

So you can swap them for a 4 conductor wired pickup or whatever, and coil split it to hell and back.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
It seems like the Fender Wide Range has only one "wire." Does this mean I won't be able to coil split it at all?
i think you can, but it's more involved. there might be a tutorial on how to change 2 conductor humbuckers to 4 in the gear building and customising forum.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?