Last night, I walked 3 miles across a town to get Obama pop and ended up with my friend's mini guitar. I don't think I'll play it, but I thought it'd be cool to customize and hang up. I'll get pics on here later on in this thread, but basically its a mini Harmony strat copy with 1 pup and a volume knob. I was thinking of replacing the pickguard with something green, and painting it with black spray paint, and beating it up while my friend's smoke and burn spots on it. I was gonna take the pup out and replace it with a stock Fender one, and then getting my friend to draw stuff on it. My questions are...

Can I just paint a guitar with spray paint?

How much will this be setting me back at the cheapest?

If I get a friend who's good with a sander, could a sand the paint off so I can see the woodgrain, and then where would I take it to get the finish put back on?
meh
yeah i dont even care about the guitar, i just wanna know what obama pop is?
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
yes you can paint it with normal spray paint, i did with a bass guitar for a laugh (i dont play bass btw i just got one free off a friend)

you DON'T need to sand the existing paint completely off btw, just sand it so the laquer isnt on, that way the paint will stick...

just sand it so it's faded a bit, spray on in three to four thin layers on one side, let it dry for a few hours outdoors (as long as it aint raining) then turn it over and do the same the other side, then do the edges. just remove ALL hardware and neck (goes without saying really but to be sure...) and spray the pickguard a diff colour if you want...

put all back together and then ya sorted

and spray paint is usually £5-7 ($10-14) a can
Yeah, what is Obama pop? And where is this bear you said was with you?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
the obama campaign makes pop???!!! and you're gonna buy some?!?!?!?!
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Yes, obama makes pop. It's Jones soda, and it's called Yes We Can Cola.

It's good, and the story involves tickle me elmo, weed, acid at lazer tag, crazy hobos, and the police, to get it.

Edit: I JUST NEED HELP WITH THE DAMN GUITAR!
meh
Last edited by get ta led out! at Nov 1, 2008,
I spelled it right assholes.

Is anyone gonna help me with this, or are you guys gonna keep being pit monkeys?
meh
i painted mine with spray paint, but you'll get a better finish if you sand down the old paint first... altough i see you don't care for quality or anything, so you can just spray it
Now there's monkeys? Sheesh!!!

Well, I once spray panted a guitar I never cared about and I always regreted it. Even after sanding the og paint to the wood, it never looked right. And make sure you apply a clear coat after the paint.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by sabbathu
Now there's monkeys? Sheesh!!!

Well, I once spray panted a guitar I never cared about and I always regreted it. Even after sanding the og paint to the wood, it never looked right. And make sure you apply a clear coat after the paint.

Whats a clear coat?( Says the idiot who has never had to paint anything )
meh