So I talked to my friend about bands smashing guitars in the floor. And I told him I think it's pretty awesome when the band does so, and he agreed. But he said that I'm stupid because I don't like moshing, but like guitar smashing, since both kind of has violence in it. And we discussed for a while but he didn't change his mind about me being stupid.
So my question to you is, is there any logic in what he said about me being stupid?!
no, there both stupid.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by jmilli2
The guitar smashing is part of the show... the moshing is a bunch of retards jumping at each other pretending not to be trying to grab each others crotches.

Nicely put
Quote by will123456789
No, they're both stupid.

Felt the need to be a grammar nazi, sorry, no apoligies necessary

On topic, I've thought about it a few times. (Smashing a guitar during a show, that is.)
Quote by Dahlström
So I talked to my friend about bands smashing guitars in the floor. And I told him I think it's pretty awesome when the band does so, and he agreed. But he said that I'm stupid because I don't like moshing, but like guitar smashing, since both kind of has violence in it. And we discussed for a while but he didn't change his mind about me being stupid.
So my question to you is, is there any logic in what he said about me being stupid?!

you dont like moshing? i mean real moshing, not homo hardcore dancing.

turn in your metal fan badge now. thats one of the integral parts of any metal show.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
No, guitar smashing is such a waste of a guitar.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
guitar smashing is part of aggression and i done to show your lack of attachment to material things. pete townshend and jimi hendrix did this as part of the show.

moshing is possibly the dumbest thing ever conceived. a bunch of sweaty guys pushing on each other so no one can watch the show. fun.
I don't know how people can smash a guitar. It's like turning your back on an instrument by completely insulting it.
Plus it's a waste of what's a perfectly good guitar (if you've played it throughout the show already)
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by idoitforthelulz
guitar smashing is part of aggression and i done to show your lack of attachment to material things. pete townshend and jimi hendrix did this as part of the show.

moshing is possibly the dumbest thing ever conceived. a bunch of sweaty guys pushing on each other so no one can watch the show. fun.

Watching is for noobies. Real musicians LISTEN. (dont take seriously)

anyways when I play live with my band and there's a mosh going on, it's really enjoyable to watch and actually makes me play more spontaneous.

It realls pumps me up that people bash each other because i play my guitar. IF you noobies ever play in metal band and someone moshing on ur music. I bet my guitars on it that you would withdraw ur statement of "moshing is stupid" Immediately.

Go gig!!

So moshing needs to stay!

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Watching is for noobies. Real musicians LISTEN. (dont take seriously)

anyways when I play live with my band and there's a mosh going on, it's really enjoyable to watch and actually makes me play more spontaneous.

It realls pumps me up that people bash each other because i play my guitar.

So moshing needs to stay!

+27

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
+27

+27

Really dude I mean if people mosh respect. 1 time this guy was so awesome; I took him on stage and gave him a beer. I mean seriously, it's part of the show. If you just wanna listen to the music; go sit on ur couch at home.

You don't go to a techno show to watch the dj right?

And u can go drink beer, mosh a few songs headbang a few and then drink more beer. IT's not like u be moshing for 2 hours nonstop. Unless ur a beast and if i see someone moshing at a concert for 2 hours nonstop, I will personally buy the guy a beer. I really mean that.

And in case you don't know moshing isn't beating up. I don't know where u come from, but in the netherlands if a guy falls to the ground you pick him up drink a beer and mosh on.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 1, 2008,
guitar smashing is ok, though i prefer to light my guitar on fire and sodomize random audience members with it at the end of the show instead, it's less cliche.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by xxdarrenxx
+27

Really dude I mean if people mosh respect. 1 time this guy was so awesome; I took him on stage and gave him a beer. I mean seriously, it's part of the show. If you just wanna listen to the music; go sit on ur couch at home.

And u can go drink beer, mosh a few songs headbang a few and then drink more beer. IT's not like u be moshing for 2 hours nonstop. Unless ur a beast and if i see someone moshing at a concert for 2 hours nonstop, I will personally buy the guy a beer. I really mean that.

You are my new best friend.

My normal concert regimen, is to prop myself right in front of the lead guitarist, watch him for a while, staring at his awesome gear and headbanging like a mental patient.

then i creep over to the pit and get it on with some bros. then where i end up at the end of the night is a mystery.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by BlackLuster
I don't know how people can smash a guitar. It's like turning your back on an instrument by completely insulting it.
Plus it's a waste of what's a perfectly good guitar (if you've played it throughout the show already)

The Great John Hiatt concurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5begHSoQ1s
2007 Fender Mexi-Strat HSS, 1977 Les Paul Custom (under construction), Fender Sonoran AE, 19?? Fender Pro Reverb, Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by twistedLV
The Great John Hiatt concurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5begHSoQ1s

I agree on the guitar thing. But I still respect pete townshend for it and jimi hendrix, cause they did it with a passion.

Buy a 20 dollar cheap ass ukelele and smash that on a concert.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
+27

And in case you don't know moshing isn't beating up. I don't know where u come from, but in the netherlands if a guy falls to the ground you pick him up drink a beer and mosh on.

You have a very healthy view on metal!

Moshing is great fun, it's a kind way of beating up/getting beat up by a bunch of metalfans. And of course you help eachother if one falls down, you don't mosh to hurt people..
Unless you're Pete Townsend, guitar smashing is lame.

Moshing, is no different. A bunch of fags playing grab ass.
Some guitars are garbage and should be smashed. However, I'd like to personally punch Pete Townsend in the beans for smashing all those beautiful Fenders back in the day. How much would those guitars be worth if they were still alive today? I say smash, though.
nothing wrong with both.
Moshing is just a way of showing your support to the band.
Also smashing a guitar is awesome to watch.

In fact, i saw Matt Heafy smash his Dean Razorback last night.
He threw parts into the crowd, but i didnt get a peice...
Last edited by mythicaldude at Nov 1, 2008,
Quote by mythicaldude
nothing wrong with both.

I saw a video of that just today pretty much why I started talking about smashing guitars with my friend
Quote by mythicaldude
nothing wrong with both.

Smashing a guitar should get you expelled from Hogwarts!!1!!!!1!!

Moshing is good though, if you listen to Anthrax you'd know its awesome.
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by BlackLuster

Couldn't have said it better. I can't respect as a musician someone that has so little respect for their instrument that they'd smash it. That includes Hendrix (although he was amazing).
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Nov 1, 2008,