My ibanez has crappy stock pickups and i was gonna get either a new amp or new guitar because my current amp just doesnt have enough gain. and then i read a post somewhere that crappy pickups make it sound like theres a lot less gain than there is. How a schecter c-1 w/ seymour dunc's change my sound? i believe it comes stock w/ a jb in the bridge and an sh-2n in the bridge.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Those pups probably aren't a lot hotter, but I don't know the specs on either. If you are expecting death metal from your traynor you probably have the wrong amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I believe your amp is the problem. You can't expect too much gain out of your Traynor. Get a new amp if you want high gain.
Quote by AdamDK
I believe your amp is the problem. You can't expect too much gain out of your Traynor. Get a new amp if you want high gain.

i dont wanna get an F-50 or F-30 (amp i was planning on) and be dissatisfied because my ibanez is loaded with INF's...

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Pups don't make that huge of a difference unless the pups are terrible. I've played ibbys with those pups and while they aren't amazing they are by no means terrible. I think if you got the mesa you'll be satisfied with the pups you have, but if not you can always upgrade, the point I'm making is that upgrading the pups on your guitar now is not gonna make you traynor more metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
an overdrive on the modern channel would... but I didn't like the traynor when i tried it, liked my peavey better
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
an overdrive on the modern channel would... but I didn't like the traynor when i tried it, liked my peavey better

yeah i'm not too satisfied with my amp either. ok i guess il get the amp and then a guitar later.

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
the biggest difference you're gonna notice with new pups is the clarity. otherwise.. the tone probably won't change THAT much.

but since you're getting an entirely new guitar (ibanez to a schecter) some change of tone and dynamic is to be expected.

I'm surprised you're not happy with the YCS50. i play lots of metal myself and felt the YCS series has a very decent metal sound (unless its in the 15 watt mode) but if you're not happy with the tone you have now, you still won't be happy even with a new guitar.

good luck!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
the biggest difference you're gonna notice with new pups is the clarity. otherwise.. the tone probably won't change THAT much.

but since you're getting an entirely new guitar (ibanez to a schecter) some change of tone and dynamic is to be expected.

I'm surprised you're not happy with the YCS50. i play lots of metal myself and felt the YCS series has a very decent metal sound (unless its in the 15 watt mode) but if you're not happy with the tone you have now, you still won't be happy even with a new guitar.

good luck!

yeah thats what i heard

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by weetadsftw
it comes stock w/ a jb in the bridge and an sh-2n in the bridge.

i'm assuming you meant sh-2n in the neck. the jb is a nice pickup but weak in my opinion. i think pickups make a huge difference, but you gotta know what to listen for.