ok so I broke the stem on my bong (thats the glass piece that you slide the bowl into, for the half a dozen or so none-stoners on this site). Its 9mm diameter, really thin glass. anyway I bought a new one, only to find that it's too long. sticks out of the bong and looks a little funny... it still works but I would prefer one the right size. I need it to be about an inch shorter (probably 3" instead of about 4) but after checking at least 6 head shops, nobody seems to carry a small enough size. they're all 4"

so my question is, can I cut this piece somehow without shattering it all over the place? and if so, how? apparently a diamond-coated blade on a dremel will do it, but I dont want to buy a $100 tool to fix my $90 bong. if anybody knows how to cut this thing without breaking it... please, share your knowledge with me
$1 pack of zig-zags :-D
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
you need a glass cutter, but pipe stems are dirt cheap, just buy a shorter one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yea i'm a fan of the zig zags too. but my friends are returning home with salvia on sunday... which is awful hard to smoke without a bong. plus you have to admit, nothing beats a tasty bong hit from a glass bong with ice in the ice catcher

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you need a glass cutter, but pipe stems are dirt cheap, just buy a shorter one.

i've tried... no store carries the right size. i've tried at least 6 shops in 3 different cities, no luck
Last edited by pb&guitar at Nov 1, 2008,
i rolled this idea around in my head as well, and i still have a stem about 3 inches too long on mine. it seems to be a setup for buying a new stem.

my best theory was to use a diamond tip etching tool and just go around and around the stem till its scored deep, then hope you can get a clean break. i never did it, cause i bought a glass on glass slide and really didnt wana break it. but if its a cheapo rubber grommet one, then you'd only be out $5 or so if it broke and had to get another.
just go to an online headshop and you should find shorter pipe stem
Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high

At me:
Quote by Sweaty Balls
You're retarded, thats what you are.

Quote by Insanitydenied
Saddest Story of the Week. You win this thread.

1+1= ME
DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND?

You think this will do the job?
Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high

At me:
Quote by Sweaty Balls
You're retarded, thats what you are.

Quote by Insanitydenied
Saddest Story of the Week. You win this thread.

1+1= ME
DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND?
make it very hot, and a iron saw should do (you know, such little figure saw thingies)

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------