Im looking for a new guitar with a good tremolo, i play hard rock/ metal music.
And i have a budget of £800, you guys got any suggestions?
Fender Strat
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
If you want to have a lot of change from £800 and a decent guitar, then the Fender Highway One Strat is a good option. If you want a bit of back pocket shrapnel then get an American Standard Strat. Don't let people tell you that Strats aren't good for metal because 'Fast' Eddie Clarke uses a strat and Kirk Hammet used to llay one as well.
Quote by Nathan Sturgess
If you want to have a lot of change from £800 and a decent guitar, then the Fender Highway One Strat is a good option. If you want a bit of back pocket shrapnel then get an American Standard Strat. Don't let people tell you that Strats aren't good for metal because 'Fast' Eddie Clarke uses a strat and Kirk Hammet used to llay one as well.

+1 to MIA strat.

A HSS strat might be more useful then a SSS one, but it's preference.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
ibanez prestige
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Simsimius

A HSS strat might be more useful then a SSS one, but it's preference.

+1

For metal, I'd guess at you wanting a locking trem, though.
Ibanez. Pretty much anything from the S Series. Or RG, if you'd rather. Approaching your price range, they're all pretty good.
Ibanez S Prestige.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
explorer or mia strat (hss)

edit: what amp because if you're using an mg or spider then forget about a £800 guitar and guitar a decent amp (i know i've got a spider but i'm poor and saving up for a new amp)
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
you want a locking trem?

what type of rock and metal?

what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my amp is a Engl half stack, and yh i was ment to put locking trem sorry guys and i want the guitar to be good at all types of metal and rock tbh.
ooh, what engl?

are you willing to swap pickups?

versatility is the key, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez S series is pretty awesome. The ZR trem is IMHO the best locking trem unit out there. Pups can be changed out for something better (but I usually change pickups anyways)
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Psh, S series? Get outta here. A nice Ibanez RG would suit you very well, methinks. Like a 550, 570, 770 something in that range, probably an older one with a nice maple neck. all have original edge tremolos(Ibanez's good licensed Floyd Roses) and pickups that will handle almost anything. If you have a high gain amp (I'm not familiar with ENGLs but I think their high gain?) then your set.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14