Well, I've got the guitar I want on order, and I'm pretty much sold on this amp, but I had a question. (if anyone can answer it) Since it's a modelling amp (or hybrid, or whatever) it has a lot of built in effects and modes. Will these affect it's ability to take effects pedals at all? Because while it's selection of built in effects is nice for the beginner (me), some of them aren't as great or versatile as a stompbox effect. All this would affect is whether I buy a new amp before I start buying pedals. Thanks for the input!
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
To an extent, yes it will, but not nearly as much as, say, a Line 6 or a Roland Cube.

Depends on what you want to do with it. My advice is if you're going to get pedals anyway, go with a solid tube amp without fx or processing.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

Depends on what you want to do with it. My advice is if you're going to get pedals anyway, go with a solid tube amp without fx or processing.

i agree. the XL valvetronix aren't that great anyway.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I wouldn't invest alot of money in pedals right away. Since you're just beginning. Just used the effects on the amp. You're going to develop your ear over time. You'll find what you do and don't like while playing this amp.

Another thing you should do is get used to playing without effects. Try to practice without a whole lot of effects on your guitar tone. It'll make you more precise and let you know how to put inflection in your playing.

Effects are there to enhance your guitar tone, and tone is 90% in your fingers. Guitars, amps, effects, strings, and picks have some effect on it. But when you hear Steve Vai, John Petrucci, or Yngwie play... it still sounds like them. Doesn't matter what they're playing on.

Learn to play clean and clearly, develop your tone, then add effects to enhance your sound. Learn how to make the guitar sustain, squeal or cry naturally. When you can do that... effects will take it from sounding good to holy s&$^!
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
all good posts
in all honesty thats not a great amp i assume that if youre a little like me in playing skills and tone desires you'd like a new peavey Vypyr much better...i went with the 75 watt ss model(probly a little overkill) and i happen to love it for my needs
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
Well it was the best amp (I thought), out of all the amps here, which happens to be the site of my local guitar store. If not this, what would you guys suggest from those?
Damn. Go to another store. That has shitty selection.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i know some people hate guitar center but they carry the vypyrs and they really are great amps you should try one...anyway from your store you might as well get a fender super champ i have yet to hear antying negative about them and i find them to be rather appealing little tube amps
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
I would get a Crate V18, and spend the extra $100 on a multi-fx or a good distortion pedal. Effects are fun, but most guitar players really dont use a ton of effects. The V18 will give you a great clean and overdriven sound without being hampered by all the effects. The multi-fx will give you the ability to use all the effects, but also the ability to bypass em completely and just use the amps awesome sound.
So basically there's not any modestly priced tube amps listed on that site? I think I might be able to get them to order something else like that Crate V18. I think there's another store that might carry Crate amps, but I'm partial to this one, because I'm sure I could get a better deal there. (Parents are close friends of VP) Are any of the orange amps all tube amps?
Quote by Quinlan
Are any of the orange amps all tube amps?

the tiny terror and the ad30
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.