I'm thinking about getting a line 6 spider 3 guitar amp. Either the 75 watt or 120. All I play is Blink 182. I just need opinions about this because I dont know what amp to get. The self title album has a lot of effects so I need those. If anyone has any ideas i'd be willing to spend up to about 500 dollars on amps and effects.
Well people are gonna bag on you for getting a line 6 but it's not an awful amp,Its pretty good but if your playing live alot you should get something like a peavey valve king.If you do get the line six you wont really need to buy effects.
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
All people here will tell you "Don't get it, it's crap and sounds too digital". I personally disagree.
Eh. You can do much better. Why just blink anyways, branch out a little?
But for that type of playing howbout a crate v18? Youll have enough money left for any effects you may need.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Im gettin the same amp 4 christmas (only its the 30w version)

Played it in the shop with an esp and sounded pretty darn good.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
look into the peavey vypyr, it's the same kind of amp but the sound is less digital
spiders aren't that bad but their are definitly a lot better amps
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
There are better modeling amps out there for the money. Maybe look for a used flextone, should be less than a new spider. Valvetronics, Cubes are worth a look too. Check your local used sites? What is your nearest major city?

Edit: I originally intended on quoting the TS, sorry for the cyber-dyslexia.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 1, 2008,
crate v18 is good, its all tube for only $200. As far as features go its very stripped down and only has 1 channel though.

Definitely branch out though, unless your in a blink 182 tribute band.
the only spider worth getting is the 15w, any other one is a waste. the spider is intended to be a practice amp IMO, line 6 really banks on noobs wanting half stacks and high wattage amps, they all have the same digital tone so don't waste your money.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Thanks, so if i get the Peavey Vypyr, what effects should i get to get the blink 182 self titled sound?
Quote by Tbone012
Thanks, so if i get the Peavey Vypyr, what effects should i get to get the blink 182 self titled sound?

the vypyr has more built in effects than the Line 6 Spider
I didn't really think blink used many effects. As far as having an amp that does their tone well the crate v series could definitely do it. Pretty much any amp with distortion could get a good blink tone, their sound is pretty generic.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Audioslave95
Im gettin the same amp 4 christmas (only its the 30w version)

Played it in the shop with an esp and sounded pretty darn good.

wow then you got a bad ear dude. ive played and ESP through a line 6 and it was the Shittiest thing ive ever heard. i own a line 6 and i think it sucks
No their self titled cd they really changed their sound and have effects in nearly every song
Why on earth would you ONLY play Blink? They're songs are some of the simplest things you can play and you won't get any better playing it. But whatever.

The Spider sucks.

At 500, I'd get a Crate V33 (With the effects loop).

Then I'd find out what effects I actually needed.
I'd buy some stompboxes and I'd "rock" out