Anyone got any idea's of how to replicate Weller's guitar tone in The Jam?

I've got a Ric 330 and a Laney Vc30

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Soulnd like you must be close anyway. after that its all about those slashing chords.
he plays some odd shapes, kinda soul or jazz influenced, the bass actually carries the song a lot,weller is really aggresive on those jam numbers
Rickenbacker 330 semi-acoustic guitar (2 pick-ups) - the famous American-made guitar formerly associated with Pete Townsend and the early Who, and also John Lennon and George Harrison of the Beatles during the late sixties.

Jedson Les-Paul Copy (which he used in The Jam early days

Strings - Rotosound

Vox AC30 valve combo amplifier.

Studio only: Ovation acoustic guitar.
Well that's a great setup. The Ric is what he used and the VC30 is basically poor mans VC30 so, it's a great start!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah, all you need to do is play around the amp, you should be able to get a pretty spot-on Weller tone with that setup.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Paul weller is pretty cool on those old recordings, these days he plays around with telecasters and those big semi acoustics.
Quote by Gabel
Well that's a great setup. The Ric is what he used and the VC30 is basically poor mans VC30 so, it's a great start!

Huh?

I think you need to edit your post.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Huh?

Pretty obvious the second was supposed to be an AC30. You've never made a mistake?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
It all depends on what songs and what album tones you are after. The Laney will definitely cover the Vox and Marshall (yes, that's right, Marshall...) that Weller produced in his Jam days. One thing to maybe do with the VC30 is to keep the tone knob up past half, be economical with the mids on some songs. Songs like "Saturday's Kids" might be helped with the bright switch too.
Quote by Simsimius
Huh?

Yeah as said, it's AC30...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009