I didn't find a thread on them.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by dminishedthingy
pretty sure there's already a thread
or two

i like em, but Drudkh are way better...

This

WoY is alright though
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Why the FUCK are Woods being compared to Drudkh? Woods are great, but they're more commonly (and appropriately) discussed alongside their pals Agalloch, who they take infinitely more influence from (along with Type O Negative and other shiz). Drudkh are great too, but in a league of their own as I feel their style differs too much from Woods' rock-tinged tones.

I highly urge everyone to get Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth. Fantastic album all around with a unique atmosphere. Partly melodic black metal at points, and other times simply rock/doom metal simplicity. Very melancholic. Can't help but say that I'm supposed to be seeing them on the 22nd next month along with Wolven Ancestry.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Nov 1, 2008,
Quote by dminishedthingy
pretty sure there's already a thread
or two

i like em, but Drudkh are way better...

Why do people keep comparing these guys to Drudkh? They sound nothing alike, not really a fan of WoY btw.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
because those two names seem to always pop up when discussing bands similar to Agalloch

one thing i do love about this band however is the drum tone, it sounds so natural, and really fits the mood
While I have never gave any energy to checking out Woods.. I have heard them compared to Dimmu on more than one occasion. That being the main reason I didn't bother.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Trust me, you will be fine as you are. Dont bother.

Horrid band, imo. I dislike just about every aspect of them. Odd, though, since I should like them due to my tastes.
Yep, opinions such as yours is why I never bothered.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Broadsword
Trust me, you will be fine as you are. Dont bother.

Horrid band, imo. I dislike just about every aspect of them. Odd, though, since I should like them due to my tastes.

Nah, I really don't see much in common between them and Agalloch either.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!