I have never bought replacement strings and my bottom E string snapped. How would I find out what kind of strings I have to get it replaced?
Thanks
if you've never changed your strings before get a new pack instead of one string. probably 10's, they come stock on most guitars.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
You can restring it with any kind, as long as you adjust the intonation afterwards. What style of music do you play? Normally, you should get .010's, what brand is up to you. I prefer D'Addario, but you should try everything out and get a feel for what you want.
replace all the strings
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I play mostly classic rock, rock, and some metal. Bands like Ac/Dc, Led Zepplin, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Rush. Bands like that. So would all new 10's work fine?
Thanks
Quote by Splagl
I play mostly classic rock, rock, and some metal. Bands like Ac/Dc, Led Zepplin, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Rush. Bands like that. So would all new 10's work fine?
Thanks

yup, i think 10's would be your best bet.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
If tens are standard why have i always used 9's?

Anyway replace all the strings providing it hasn't snapped at the bridge or the nut the likely hood is that the strings are well worn therefore replacing them all is a good idea. However if the precursory explanations are true there could be an imperfection with the pieces of hardware in question. They are not big problems and can be rectified with a pencil or a small file.

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
If tens are standard why have i always used 9's?

Anyway replace all the strings providing it hasn't snapped at the bridge or the nut the likely hood is that the strings are well worn therefore replacing them all is a good idea. However if the precursory explanations are true there could be an imperfection with the pieces of hardware in question. They are not big problems and can be rectified with a pencil or a small file.

X

Because some of us know that 9's are so much better
Quote by irishstang_87
Because some of us know that 9's are so much better

not neccasarily, they are too floppy imo i take strings like my women, nice and tight
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
not neccasarily, they are too floppy imo i take strings like my women, nice and tight

And I like mine like i like my women, thin and flexible.
Last edited by irishstang_87 at Nov 1, 2008,
My advice. Buy a pack of .10s by a couple different brands and find which ones you like, swapping them every week or so until then. I think DR last the longest, while Ernie Ball have a nice but mellow cut to their tone. Not a huge fan of d'Addarios unless it's their jazz strings, but they seem to be popular here.
Wow, sexual guitar string talk, my fav! hahaha. I prefer 9's because there a tad thinner and nice and flexible, they don't exactly break very easily, so 9's or 10's is definitely a personal preference.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14