I'm not sure if I can word this correctly. Lets say I take parts of the A harmonic minor, G minor, B Blues, F lydian mode, converted them all into D mode, and then made one scale out of all the parts. Can this be done? Or would it sound horrible?
i think youre theory, and vocabulary, is a little off. say youre in the key of A harmonic minor. so youre scale would consist of the notes A, B. C, D, E, F, and G#.

modes are basically just a varition of a major scale on top of a certain chord, giving it a certain voicing. if you played n A aoelian over an A harmonic minor, it would sound pretty much like it belonged. but if you changed that aeolian pattern to, say, an A locrian mode, it would sound completely different.

in a certain key you can play any scale youd like to get different sounds, it jsut depends on what youer looking for.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
A harmonic Minor:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G#
G minor
G, A, Bb, C, D, Eb, F, G
F Lydian
F, G, A, B, C, D, E, F
B Blues:
B, D, E, F, Gb, A, B
Total Notes:
D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab, A, A#/Bb, B, C, D
D, Eb, E, F, Gb, G, Ab, A, Bb, B, C, D
R, b2, 2, b3, 3, 4, b5, 5, b6, 6, b7, R.
You're one note short of the chromatic scale.
Quote by o_hai_dere
I'm not sure if I can word this correctly. Lets say I take parts of the A harmonic minor, G minor, B Blues, F lydian mode, converted them all into D mode, and then made one scale out of all the parts. Can this be done? Or would it sound horrible?

Why do you want to do that?
shred is gaudy music
Quote by o_hai_dere
Can this be done?
Yes. Music theory doesn't dictate what you can play.

Quote by o_hai_dere
Or would it sound horrible?
Try it and tell us.
Quote by o_hai_dere
Who is the girl in your Avatar?
It's Sarah Chalke, the actress who plays Elliot Reid, M.D. on Scrubs. That's actually a picture from the show, so I guess it's really a picture of Dr. Reid.

In the future, PM me with questions that has nothing to do with the thread. This isn't our chat thread.