hey, i was just jammin with my drummer when he spilt a couple beers down the back of my amp which went right through the speaker to the front. the amp wasn't on and i unplugged it all but i still don't know if it'll survive this one.
are amps like other electronics in that if you wait for them to dry out fully before you turn them on, they don't get damaged? or is this a lost cause?
Clean up what you can before it dries and then make sure it fully dries and then give her a go.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i really dont know, but it would be wise to let it dry. how much will it take? 3 hours at much?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by kthxbi
solid state peavey.

Can't you tell? This is obviously an omen from the guitar god's that you need a better amp.
^As far as solid states go, the peavey's aren't that bad. If he wants to salvage this amp, don' be a dick and tell him to get a new one.

Yeah, I'd clean up what you can while its wet-ish, then leave it to dry fully before you turn it on, basically what kevin said
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
oh yeah, its a terrible amp even accounting for peavey sometimes making good ss amps, but im saving up for a blues jr for hopefully the new year
oop, hadnt thought of pulling the speaker out. ill do that, cheers mate
Point a fan at it as well and let it sit. Or use a hairdryer. It's probably craving some buffalo wings right now.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I would not use a hair dryer on the speaker. I'm thinking the speaker may need to be replaced, as water would damage it easily being the cone is paper. Other than that, just be careful taking the chassis out to dry, being sure to ground out the filter caps. Then clean it up. Let it sit too long and it will cause corrosion in the amp which can be a pain to clean up and fix.
valve 1, SS 0

if its straight up SS you might have a chance, but if its a modeller i.e. a giant computer, i wouldnt rate its chances
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
peaveys like whiskey better.. it might stop working after feeding it that swill.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by CJRocker
I would not use a hair dryer on the speaker. I'm thinking the speaker may need to be replaced, as water would damage it easily being the cone is paper. Other than that, just be careful taking the chassis out to dry, being sure to ground out the filter caps. Then clean it up. Let it sit too long and it will cause corrosion in the amp which can be a pain to clean up and fix.

I was thinking for the cab and circuit board, I should have been more specific. And don't use a lot of heat on the dryer.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Speakers are more resilient than they seem. They can get damp then dry off (to a certain extent) so you should be fine.
At my bands old rehearsal space at a friends house had cats, and guess what they did.... yup, pissed all over my laney cab... and it having a metal grille it went straight through onto the speakers. My own cats took great interest in the cab once i took it home though