Ive heard a lot of great things about this guitar, and am mostly set on buying one. However, on every review ive read it says the neck is quite thick making it hard for people with small hands to play. I know 7 strings have wide necks anyway, but as im used to thinner necks i was wondering how thick the neck actually is compared to other guitars. Theres no way of getting to try this guitar or even any schecter near where i live so i cant see for myself. So if anyone has this, or even another schecter 7, could you tell me what the necks like and how this is to play?
Thanks
i wish they made that in a 6 string, that guitar looks amazing
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
There is a noticeable difference in width, but it really isn't that hard to adjust. Most people who switch to 7's take about a week to adjust to the new feel.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
TS have you played any schecter necks? It is suppose to be thinner than their standard necks.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
TS have you played any schecter necks? It is suppose to be thinner than their standard necks.

This is true, my Schecter Damien 6 has a thinner neck than my strats
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
great, some of the reviews ive seen said the necks were quite thick, but if theyre not then then im definitely ordering one. I can cope with the change in width
I have a C-7 Hellraiser (the guitar which the Loomis is based on) and the neck is MUCH thicker than a Strat/Wizard neck. However, I have really small hands and I have no problem playing it at all. If you're used to thinner necks it could take some adjusting to but after awhile you just get used to it. Great guitar.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Ive always disliked the necks on schecters, too thick for my tastes, il be getting a ibanez 1527 soon, thin neck heaven
I was actually looking hard at the Loomis as my first 7 string as well. The neck thickeness is no problem, my only worry is getting used to the width. I love the sound 7 strings get, and I love Nevermore, so I'm hoping I'd adjust quick.
Gibson.