One of the biggest problems my band has is writing drums for our songs.

We have absolutely no problem writing guitar riffs, bass lines, lyrics, but when it comes to drums, we have absolutely no idea what to do, or how to go about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to write drums, or how you have?
Listen to songs in a similar genre, and try to pick out the beat then recreate it with whatever it is you write your drums on. Then you can modify it to fit your song, or leave it the same. There aren't many original beats, just original arrangements of the beats in my opinion.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
If you have a drummer, then just let them play along with what they feel most natural...
Start playing the riff on guitar and the drummer should pick it up in no time

You can then start to structure the song
it's really not that hard if you have a drummer who can actually play
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
When I write anything for drums I usually start with the bass drum, just a solid rhythm, then throw in some snare drum or wahever you want. Try to think of something out of the ordinary, and as soon as you got that the rest will probably follow...lol nub advice
Quote by Johnny Trash
If you have a drummer, then just let them play along with what they feel most natural...
Start playing the riff on guitar and the drummer should pick it up in no time

You can then start to structure the song
it's really not that hard if you have a drummer who can actually play

Too bad our drummer can't actually play...
A lot of the stuff that I come up with for my songs are influenced by my favourite drummers and the drummers of my favourite bands (Brandon Barnes of Rise Against in my case).
Just start with something simple and then mess about with fills/diferent beats etc.
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Dude. Drums?

Please read the rules for the forums you post in.

Thanks
THW
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.