i picked up what was marked a RG7321 at a used music store today. paid $267 for it. but i noticed there were several different things about it. first off i think it was made in 1999. second it says made in japan. third the Ibanez logo is perloid, not just painted white. the neck is all one piece, instead of the 5 piece, with no binding. and the neck is really thin, reminds me of my RGA121. and its got Gotoh tuners on it. and the stock pups are really killer! this page and this page is what leads me to think its a RG7621, it looks just the same. and heres some pics i took of it.

now is this just an old RG7321 that was just a japan model and maybe then Ibanez switched to korea later on? or could i be right that its a RG7621?
i'm not sure, but i don't think the 321s were ever made in japan, they're low-end models. that looks like a prestige (or at least, what would qualify as a prestige now!), so it looks like you got a score!

i'm not sure of the exact model, though...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
RG7321s used to be made in Korea, never Japan.

If you got a RG7621 for RG7321 prices you've made a killing.

It could still be a RG7421

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Nov 1, 2008,
yeah the dude that owned the store was like "yeah thats an RG7321. its an old 99 model that was made in japan i think" but he's an old church man that plays gospial music, so im not suprised he doesnt know much about Ibanez 7 strings.

does anyone know if i can like check the serial number some how?
not sure, but "F" means fujigen...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Take the neck off, the model will be printed on the neck or in the pocket.

Its definatly a 99 Japan made neck so its either aRG7621 or a RG7421

looks like a RG7421 because its a 1 peice neck, not 3.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
^ The place where the more expensive Ibanez models are made.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind

im going to cleaning the fretboard, its horriabley dry, and restringing it soon. do i need to worry about messing anything up when taking the neck off?
the factory... it's where they're made.

now that i think, there probably is an ibanez dating website- does this help? http://www.ibanezregister.com/cpg148/index.php
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lp_dude_2
yeah the dude that owned the store was like "yeah thats an RG7321. its an old 99 model that was made in japan i think" but he's an old church man that plays gospial music, so im not suprised he doesnt know much about Ibanez 7 strings.

does anyone know if i can like check the serial number some how?

email ibanez with the number. i am sure they have records somewhere that can even tell you who the original distributer was.
I looked at a few things regarding ibanez serial numbers and from what i can tell that is a guitar from 99
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by lp_dude_2
im going to cleaning the fretboard, its horriabley dry, and restringing it soon. do i need to worry about messing anything up when taking the neck off?

No the neck will be fine, dont over tighten the screws when you put it back on, thats about it.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
No the neck will be fine, dont over tighten the screws when you put it back on, thats about it.

thanks. ill be sure to be extra careful
Quote by Absent Mind

Its definatly a 99 Japan made neck so its either aRG7621 or a RG7421

looks like a RG7421 because its a 1 peice neck, not 3.

Yea either way that's a nice guitar for the price. Looks in great shape, congrats. Now pull the neck off, I'm for one am dying to know what's printed in there.
Quote by gregs1020
Yea either way that's a nice guitar for the price. Looks in great shape, congrats. Now pull the neck off, I'm for one am dying to know what's printed in there.

yeah man the guitar is in almost perfect shape, theres some belt rash on the back of the guitar but thats normal wear and tear and its not even that bad, espically for a guitar thats 9 years old. and im restringing it as soon as my strings come in, so when i get a def answer ill up date with a pic too!
You got a score man! congrats
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Dag man!
nice guitar...great price

Have fun with it
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
DUDE!

I did the same exact thing, except I payed $200 for mine! I thought it was a 7321 for a looong time, until Friday actually.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
seems like you got a good deal

also, we have the same computer
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by MESAexplorer
DUDE!

I did the same exact thing, except I payed $200 for mine! I thought it was a 7321 for a looong time, until Friday actually.

nice. so yours is a RG7621 also?

Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
also, we have the same computer

im sorry
Yep.

I think I'm going to swap out tuners or get a new nut for it eventually. It has quite a bit of difficulty staying in tune.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Ippon
^ I'll take it off your hands for $210 if you insisted.

Sheeeeeyit!

I think they're worth about $400 now.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio