just had a thought...i looked but couldnt find the answer to this.... is geddy lees sig bass only mij or does it also come as in mia?? i think i herd somewhere they only had it mij... but bass teacher says theres are mia ones as well any one know for sure or can link me some proof? manythanks
It's Crafted In Japan. With the exception of a few sig basses, most Fender sig basses are CIJ.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
They are more expensive yes, but just because a signature bass isn't made in America doesn't mean its going to be cheap.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by bass is bestest
am i correct in assuming the american ones are expensive??
well now most CIJ's(crafted in japan) tend to hover around the lower-end american basses(If you haven't noticed fender raised thier prices alot this year. Geddy Lee is now$999. $849 for the Highway One(cheapest American-made) The most expensive CIJ, the Marcus Miller Signature, is the same price as the new American Standard($1149)

EDIT: The American sig basses like the Stu-Hamm, non-custom shop Jaco Pastorius, Victor Bailey, and Marcus Miller 5-string(the five string version is MIA) are quite pricey; above $1699. The custom shop jaco pastorius bass is a whopping $3,636.80!
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Last edited by FenderAmpeg93 at Nov 1, 2008,
if you could get one of his, it's probably gonna be MIA. not only MIA, but custom shop too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by bass is bestest
am i correct in assuming the american ones are expensive??

American geddy lees?
There are none.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.