that isnt a stratocaster?
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
Uh... Strat. You can play it on anything else, but if your point is to play Hendrix stuff, get a strat. You can really play any style on any guitar. Are you looking to get a Hendrix tone, and just don't like strats, or what?
Edit; ^Also, what he said.

That would be your inflatable guitar.

Seriously, I've tried, really the only guitar that can come close to Jimi without being a strat is a tele. Even then it doesn't sound much like him without hours of tweaking.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
Edit; ^Also, what he said.

That would be your inflatable guitar.

Seriously, I've tried, really the only guitar that can come close to Jimi without being a strat is a tele. Even then it doesn't sound much like him without hours of tweaking.

+1, and to the other guy.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
This is like saying you like Malmsteen, but dont want a Strat.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by irishstang_87
Uh... Strat. You can play it on anything else, but if your point is to play Hendrix stuff, get a strat. You can really play any style on any guitar. Are you looking to get a Hendrix tone, and just don't like strats, or what?

Hendrix is like half the stuff i play and im thinking of getting a new guitar soon. I know a strat works , but i wanted to see what other options there were. also i use the 22nd fret often when just freestyling and i dont have the money for an american strat. (not that i wouldnt take a MIM over most any other similarly priced guitar.)
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
I don't think he ever used anything but strats in recording
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
hendrix also had a gibson double cutaway with p90's that he used if i'm not mistaken. keep in mind your amp plays a big role in your tone.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Yeah, I would still say get an MIM HSS strat, that'll give you tonal versatility. As for the 22nd fret, I guess, bend. Or you could get an Epi LP standard, a little more expensive, and a lot warmer sounding, but it has that 22nd fret, and they're good guitars. Personally, I prefer the strat, mostly for the maple fingerboard, and I like the sound of a strat more.
Quote by rabbittroopsux
Hendrix is like half the stuff i play and im thinking of getting a new guitar soon. I know a strat works , but i wanted to see what other options there were. also i use the 22nd fret often when just freestyling and i dont have the money for an american strat. (not that i wouldnt take a MIM over most any other similarly priced guitar.)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Lite-Ash-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=511337

I've never played one of these, but I would check this strat out. I looks like it has what you're looking for without the american strat price.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Quote by rabbittroopsux

Bends man, bends. Even before I switched fully to my strat I found myself bending on the 21st before using the 22nd.

Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
I don't think he ever used anything but strats in recording

Well, on earlier tracks and demos for Are You Experienced?, he borrowed a tele from Noel Redding.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by shredzilla
hendrix also had a gibson double cutaway with p90's that he used if i'm not mistaken. keep in mind your amp plays a big role in your tone.

He used a Gibson V, I think that's what you're thinking of. Here's a few Hendrix Strats.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-60s-Stratocaster?sku=512767

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-60s-Reverse-Headstock-Strat-Stratocaster-Mint_W0QQitemZ110305327616QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110305327616&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14, a modified version of the Woodstock Strat

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Jimmie-Vaughan-Signature-TexMex-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=510057 I've been told this is good for Surf, Hendrix and SRV.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."