This has been bugging me for a long time.

What is the easiest way to play fast muted power chords?

When I try, they just end up sounding like some sloppy 3 string arpeggio, and its really irritating me
Thanks

One more question, I'm currently trying to play Sleep Now in The Fire:

----------------
----------------
----------5-----
-7-7-5-7--------
-0-0-0-0--------
----------------

But the open A string drowns out the sound of the D string, is there anyway to stop this happening?
Make sure you're hitting the D string pretty hard to to make it ring out louder, the first string is going to take the brunt of the picking but if you hit it hard enough it shouldn't be being drowned out. Also make sure you don't have too much bass on the amp and having the neck pickup selected only well help bring out the punchy ness of the riff.
Mm, I see what you mean, it makes the D string louder, but then I hit the A string louder as well Which just results in a constant drone from my amp...

And my amps so bad it doesnt even have a dial for bass.. I'm going to shoot the person who told me to get a marshall because they're "the best"
Quote by Jay2007
And my amps so bad it doesnt even have a dial for bass.. I'm going to shoot the person who told me to get a marshall because they're "the best"

Marshall is only the best if you're willing to drop $2,000 - 3,000+ on a JCM2k or a JVM
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Heh, Dont have that kind of money :p

What would be a decent 10-15w amp to get?

Sorry if this thread keeps going, lol. I' just have too many questions
I have a Roland Cube 20X and it does a fantastic job. It's not much more than the Cube 15, and it has a few more features.