Page 1 of 2
I would like to see an ultimate-guitar con. A conference for guitarists of all levels - not a 'corporate guitar' conference where the new wares are set out for us to drool over, but rather a weekend where beginners can mix with the experienced and share the art of playing guitar. Sessions could include - guest speakers, guest artists, creating tabs, guitar lessons, latest tech gear for guitarists etc etc etc...

If you are interested in this idea let me know by posting your thoughts.

Cheers
Clive
yeah... finally a place where we can all meet and act really awkward.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
it has to be in a remote place, the 13-year-olds would comepletely overtake the center.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Yeah except we all live all over the world. At the most you could get 30 people to one of them.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
That could be cool. It would be relatively easy to assemble guest speakers etc, as this is website is insanely popular world-wide.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I think they have UG meets in London sometimes.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by Insanitydenied
it has to be in a remote place, the 13-year-olds would comepletely overtake the center.

...what's wrong with that?

*goes back to corner*
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
I think they have UG meets in London sometimes.

There was one, once. And it was a sociable thing, wasn't any guitarage.
Quote by metaldud536
I would hold a sign that says "metaldud" but I'm not sure.

We'd all need username name tags. Maybe with pictures of avatars aswell.
That would be pretty, but I don't see it ever happening with everyone all over the world, unless it was seriously BIG... i.e. a lot of investment, a huge hall, guest stars, lots of companies advertising their stuff etc. etc.
Quote by michal23
That would be pretty, but I don't see it ever happening with everyone all over the world, unless it was seriously BIG... i.e. a lot of investment, a huge hall, guest stars, lots of companies advertising their stuff etc. etc.

Just wait until teleportation is available.
That would be cool, I guess. I've seen at least three other people here that live in my area. It would be really awkward, though.
Quote by clovett65
I would like to see an ultimate-guitar con. A conference for guitarists of all levels - not a 'corporate guitar' conference where the new wares are set out for us to drool over, but rather a weekend where beginners can mix with the experienced and share the art of playing guitar. Sessions could include - guest speakers, guest artists, creating tabs, guitar lessons, latest tech gear for guitarists etc etc etc...

If you are interested in this idea let me know by posting your thoughts.

Cheers
Clive
nice enough in theory.
but in reality, you have some obstacles to overcome.

- first of all, unlike UG, this can't be a "global" event. it has to occur somewhere.
that means it would limit the attendance to people who could get to the location.

- secondly, these speakers, the venue, the food and accomodations all need to be paid for. who would foot the bill? ticket sales? do you have the cash to pay for all this yourself?

- third, by excluding corporate manufacturers, you throw away valuable opportunities to offset much of the cost. this thing will get very expensive, very fast. i don't think you could afford to do that.

have you really thought this thing through?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by DanRev
The competitions on here are the Ultimate-Guitar Con.

I went there.

Ohhhh. Burn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
nice enough in theory.
but in reality, you have some obstacles to overcome.

- first of all, unlike UG, this can't be a "global" event. it has to occur somewhere.
that means it would limit the attendance to people who could get to the location.

- secondly, these speakers, the venue, the food and accomodations all need to be paid for. who would foot the bill? ticket sales? do you have the cash to pay for all this yourself?

- third, by excluding corporate manufacturers, you throw away valuable opportunities to offset much of the cost. this thing will get very expensive, very fast. i don't think you could afford to do that.

have you really thought this thing through?

You forget to mention the large amount of UGers you wouldn't want to meet in person
Bugger a convention. We should have a festival of all UG's best bands. Or possibly combine the two.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
I wouldn't want to meet any of you anyway...

kidding..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
And I'd like to see a naked girl laying spread eagle on my kitchen table, surrounded by all the different pies she baked for me that day. But that isn't going to happen.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by CaptainRon
I believe its called a circle-jerk.

Oh wow, imagine meeting Union Jake in person, that'd be awesome, I don't think he'd make it out alive.
It would just be a sausage fest anyway. Most of the girls on UG probably wouldn't want to go.
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
It would just be a sausage fest anyway. Most of the girls on UG probably wouldn't want to go.

You can't say no to a chloroform soaked rag.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by woMANintheBOX19

What's wrong with some chorizo from Mexico? Melt with some cheese and put inside a tortilla roll and serve it while everyone walks in.
Quote by metaldud536
What's wrong with some chorizo from Mexico? Melt with some cheese and put inside a tortilla roll and serve it while everyone walks in.

And that's exactly why..lol
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Page 1 of 2