This time I kinda know what I'm looking for. I was looking at the esp ec-400vf and three different schecters and I think I'm going to guitar center tomorrow to check some stuff out. I was playing my ibanez and i realized how much i actually liked the general feel of the guitar, i just think it's pickups/wood could be better and the frets could use some work and it's trem kinda blows (I haven't been using it for months).

So anyways before i go check i wanted to see if there was something similar but of higher quality.

Some things I'd like/don't want:

Same basic shape (general superstrat sort of shape)
Either H-H or HSH pup config
Some versatile passive pickups, something like a jb/59 set up or something (EMG's or other active pups arent really that versatile to my understanding)
Fixed bridge or string through (I change tunings too much to deal with a FR or something similar)
Thin neck
I don't have a huge preference whether its bolt on or not, just something that's good quality, thin, fast
22 or 24 frets, whatever's out there.

Basically just something like what I have now, but better. I don't want to be scared to play my guitar for risk of something happening to it so I dont want it to be something really super fancy, but still good looking.

I play almost everything so versatility is huge, my budget is around mid $600 USD. I just basically want kind of a "humble" guitar, something thats not too fancy but still sounds good. Brand isn't really an issue as long as it meets these general specs.

Thanks guys and if theres any other questions, feel free to ask.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
In my experience (limited to playing, not owning, so don't take me as an authority on it) active pups can do amazing cleans AND distortion. A friend of mine has called them versatile over those on my explorer, though personally I'm not sure about that. =P
I heard, and i quote from my friend "They're tone suicide unless you play mainly metal." I've gotta try some but i just want as much versatility as possible. I also dont feel like swapping out a battery every two months

And I was checking out Ibby's of all series but most of the ones around the price i want tend to have trems of some sort, i just dont want to deal with it, that S that was posted with the trem would be near perfect if it had a stop tail or stringthrough
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Washburn X50 Pro

NAOOOOOOO

Why on earth would you buy anything else?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
No fret markers.... and a little over my budget, although thats a beautiful guitar
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
By the way, if you guys could name specific models, that'd be great because i've read through the websites of many different brands and then dealers and im more looking for stuff I've missed. how is this tele? http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Custom%20Telecaster%20FMT%20HH%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black%20Cherry%20Burst_-1_10052_10002_-49979017_cmCategorySA-10001
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I was looking at the SE and from what i heard is that they're either a hit or a miss
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
ya just give it a try you might enjoy it quite verstial
edit: i also have never heard that Ibanez it just fit you specs
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Nov 1, 2008,
yeah i have to check stuff out, but i wanted to see what peoples opinions were though, could that tele pull of metal if i wanted it to?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
it could pull metal but it have to be done right john 5 for example
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
yeah well i was wondering cuz it had the pearly gates which i know can do hard rock and like older metal like black sabbath and stuff but like newer stuff like trvium and all that remains i wonder about
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
your crazy bro, my EMG's sound sick with clean and with disortion
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
I'm just going off of what I heard I haven't tried them yet, can they do a wide span of distortion stuff? I do a lot of muse-like stuff as well as heavier metal and then some more punkish stuff, cleans are also really important. Also, i play a LOT mostly unplugged but i do plug in a ton, i dont wanna change the battery monthly
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Yeah I've looked, that's the first thing i thought of, those aren't many in number, the one i like turned out to be 1900 so thats WAY out of the picture lol, any specific models u know of?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
I'm just going off of what I heard I haven't tried them yet, can they do a wide span of distortion stuff? I do a lot of muse-like stuff as well as heavier metal and then some more punkish stuff, cleans are also really important. Also, i play a LOT mostly unplugged but i do plug in a ton, i dont wanna change the battery monthly

in my opinion, your losing some clean tone for the best metal/ rock gain tones you can get.

whats so bad about changing batteries? lol
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
You won't have to change batteries that often. I play on EMGs a good 4 hours a day, everyday and I only change them once a year.
Yeah i heard it was like every other month, I'll have to see if I like the clean tone, are there any with about the same specs as what i posted that are HSH or HH w/ coil tap, I like the occasional twang
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab