hey guys, im looking for some kind of loud, quality distortion but fairly cheap amp, preferably a stack as they pack more punch generally. i liked the look of the peavy 6505 but the price is a bit steep. anything you guys can suggest for around £500?
bugera amps? they are very cheap, and i hear theyre decent. plus, theyre tube
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Will you be gigging?
If so, in what size venue?

For the same price, you can either get a good quality combo, or a bad quality halfstack.
Get a Line 6 Spider Valve! Its about 420 quid and its really awesome!
ya the Line 6 100HD Valve is about the best head your gonna get new for cheap..... well maybe a Valve king, but your not gonna get a Marshall or a Mesa for that kinda of money unless you find one used.
Quote by blue_strat
Will you be gigging?
If so, in what size venue?

For the same price, you can either get a good quality combo, or a bad quality halfstack.

will hopefully be gigging fairly soon thats why i am looking for a larger amp. venues... not very big my guess is a couple of hundred people max
You really don't need a stack, but if you want one, whatever, atleast you're thinking tube and not an oversized practice amp.

Go used with a 5150 head and an avatar (that's the popular one) cab. I don't know much about speakers, so I'll leave that to somebody else.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Slayerdeath
your not gonna get a Marshall or a Mesa for that kinda of money unless you find one used.

REALLY used. So used that it is about to asplode.
I can find a JCM800 head for like 650-700. Not too bad. Saw a MKIII for 500 last week. Look around. There's some good stuff
Save more money. If you want some serious tone, save some serious dough. I learned that the hard way.
Gibson.
Bugera 6262?

Stack or combos are pretty cheap.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'd look for a used Marshall JCM900, they don't seem to hold their value as well as a lot of the other models - one sold in a shop in my town for £275, that was for a JCM900 head and a 1960A 4x12 cab.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You could pick up a 2nd hand Marshall 4x12 and a Marshall JCM 2000 head for around the £500 mark or even less. The 2000's arent that great IMO but if you got a decent pedal they can sound brutal. The cleans are really nice for a marshall too.
Quote by Random3
so if i have a look for a used 5150 head (is a 6505 much different?) then what cab should i have a look at?

Same amp. You cant go wrong with a Marshall 4x12, if you can find one 2nd hand a 1960BV has vintage 30's in it and they're awesome with a 5150/6505, its the combination Machine Head use and a lot of other metal bands for that matter.

I really is worth investing in a decent cab, after all thats where your final sound comes from and a nasty cab is still gonna sound like shit no matter how good a head you hook up to it.
A 6262 head into a bugera/behringer cab(uses same speakers) will run you about £500

the 6262 is based on the 6505+ and he 6260 is based on the 6505

Used engl

if u want to save, consider an engl. they are supposed to be "marshall on steroids"
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Get a 5150 combo, its plenty large for gigs. but if your set on a head and looking for a good cab, check out vader cabs.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I got my halfstack for $500 CAD, and I think it sounds a-ok

check out my profile for an mp3 recorded and mixed with my amp/ cab (but not me playing).
gh33r:
valveking 100 head
fender FM 412
BC rich platinum warlock ... w/ duncan invader and jazz