I was just wondering about what all makes one guitar more expensive than another one, particularly ESP LTDs, I tested my M-50 with an M-1000 and the only major differences that I could tell, were the pickups and, the trem.
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
where its made makes a big difference, and the wood, quality of parts used etc
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
wood type, neck joint type,
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
The difference in price is this:

Do you want your guitar made by 11 year old Chinese kids or 20 year old Korean dudes?
Quote by Tedward
The difference in price is this:

Do you want your guitar made by 11 year old Chinese kids or 20 year old Korean dudes?

Or 50 year old american...
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
20 y/o korean dudes, they make AWESOME guitars, my BC Rich and my Nephews LTD are made there and those are both awesome guitars.

if it says USA on it, it`s insanely expenive, probly cause it`s handmade.
For some reason, every korean guitar I've ever tried (Schecter, LTD, PRS SE, Hagström etc.) all feel exactly the same. Not bad, but identical in sound, playability and so on.

But also, western workers want more pay for their work than asians (japanese aside). But in all fairness I think japanese guitars often beat american ones these days, as the japanese are still much more traditional and value good workmanship as opposed to westerners who'd rather make more money with less effort if they can.
workmanship, quality control, wood electronics and hardware choice, factory location, the fact that they can charge you more just because its their top of the range line of guitars regardless of whether the quality of them is better.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Well, I got my M-50 for like $150 and the M-1000 is over $1000 and the only differences besides the trem are: pickups, body woods, and the bolt on neck. Im betting that the price of pickups ~$150, would bring the sounds to almost identical, and the only difference would be sustain due to a set neck, better trem, and better wood.
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
Quote by Wrathlegion
Well, I got my M-50 for like $150 and the M-1000 is over $1000 and the only differences besides the trem are: pickups, body woods, and the bolt on neck. Im betting that the price of pickups ~$150, would bring the sounds to almost identical, and the only difference would be sustain due to a set neck, better trem, and better wood.

Well sustain in itself isn't the only difference, above all it's the resonance and tone of the wood that matters. If your guitar sounds like shit, why would you even want it to sustain? The acoustic properties of the guitar actually affects the playability too, in many small and non-scientific ways... Good pickups don't cover up for crap woods either. Bridges make a whole lot of difference to in sound quality, not just sustain.