i read the sticky before posting this and the sticky only metioned the motion of pulling up and down and some exercises

does it matter if you have your hand on the body on the guitar while you tap? i kind of rest my hand while i i tap against the string

how important is the angle on the hand in tapping? should i keep my hand perpendicular to the strings as i tap or parallel?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
I tend to do the same thing if I am tapping in the same area with my free 3 fingers (holding the pick) it seems to help me with accuracy but obviously it is limiting when trying to tap spread out, so I do both depending on the situation.
Quote by stefan1988
i read the sticky before posting this and the sticky only metioned the motion of pulling up and down and some exercises

does it matter if you have your hand on the body on the guitar while you tap? i kind of rest my hand while i i tap against the string

how important is the angle on the hand in tapping? should i keep my hand perpendicular to the strings as i tap or parallel?

any help is appreciated

To be honest it doesn't matter that much but you might want to consider that having your hand on the body of the guitar will only limit your range of motion and you'll have trouble when trying to tap lower down on the neck as well.

The angle of your hand doesn't matter that much as long as you're striking the string as close to the fret as you can and coming down as close to perpendicular to the neck as you can.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
thanks for the explanation.

i probably post later on the guitar pro file that has me a little confused about the angle of my hand i keep like changing my hand angle like 3 times in the guitar pro file since im not able to strike strings

right now i got to do a project
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash