is it worth it? my acoustic guitar broke mainly beacuse the guitar is bent and i have a hard time fretting and one of the bridge pin is in half so i decided to get an electric guitar but i don't have much money so i am going to get the cheap $100 ones.

it includes amplifiers and things like that and i want to know if it is durable and sounds decent.

what should i know about electric guitars?
what brands do you recommend? (thats cheap and decent)
Last edited by Extraordinairy at Nov 1, 2008,
No way. The guitars in those packs suck, and the amps are even worse. The cheapest guitar I would recommend to a complete newbie is an Epiphone Special II (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar-100001870-i1149986.gc) they go for around $150 and are something you can actually play for a while. For an amp, I'd suggest a Roland Microcube, which is about $120, but you can find used ones for less than that. Check your local craigslist musical instruments section, and see what kind of used guitars you can find there. Really, though, if you buy a starter pack, you'll regret it.
For $100, you're not getting a good electric pack. Period. Not even a good guitar alone. I got the hundred dollar Squier Bullet, and it's definitely not amazing. So be wary of $11 starter packs. However, you can still get a decent cheap set, just not that cheap. My friend got an Epiphone starter pack, and it's not too shabby. Still not great, but not too bad. I'm pretty sure it was http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Player-Pack-102328770-i1150103.gc this one
Quote by HighPotency
Buying playing pack= bad

The amp in that pack sucks, so I still recommend buying the special II alone, but yeah, i do agree with you. My girlfriend's brother got that as his first guitar, and it actually can compare to my Strat in playability. Sure, the pickups aren't that great, but for a beginner guitar, trust me, it's pretty good. A lot of guys buy these and end up modifying them. They really aren't that bad.
I've had my squire bullet series strat for 12 years now and it works great, never had any problems with it beyond needing to tighten something here and there, got a fender blues junior and it sounds fine, its the only electric I've ever owned as I play mostly acoustic but I still play it everyday, good luck...
Quote by irishstang_87
The amp in that pack sucks, so I still recommend buying the special II alone, but yeah, i do agree with you. My girlfriend's brother got that as his first guitar, and it actually can compare to my Strat in playability. Sure, the pickups aren't that great, but for a beginner guitar, trust me, it's pretty good. A lot of guys buy these and end up modifying them. They really aren't that bad.

I agree. At the most i'd buy the guitar alone, but the amp that comes in the pack is not worth it.
the amps in those packs are all pretty bad.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011