This is the guitar I want to fit a Floyd Rose Bridge on:

Trouble is, If I have to cut out the back end, and by so doing, will I drastically lose/alter the sound of the guitar?
Don't change it.

Ask yourself this.

Does it go out of tune? how hard would it be to put locking tuners on it? Kinda looks like there's locking tuners already.

Is that graphic original. I wouldn't change squat on that guitar. It might be worth some money. Aria isn't a huge name... but it's still a cool guitar if it plays good and has a good tone.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
You'd need to do a fair bit of routing to get the bridge in and it does alter the tone of the guitar as the strings have very little connection to the wood itself, just a mass of springs and metal for the most part.

Also, do you have a floating bridge on another guitar at all or is this just something you fancy? As unless you really want to do alot of whammy work, they're a total pain and can really drag out the restringing process
yes! restringing is sooo fustrating, i spent 30mins today on my new guitar....
Anyway, you don't need locking tuners. You will have to route for the floyd, whether you want it to float or not, you will still have route as it will have to be flush with the body, but i suggest since your going to route to make the floyd flush, you may as well spend that extra minute or two to route so that the floyd will float.
[url="https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969796This[/url"] will be helpful.

PS: you will have to make room for the nut, maybe make a nut shelf
Quote by philipisabeast
You'd need to do a fair bit of routing to get the bridge in and it does alter the tone of the guitar as the strings have very little connection to the wood itself, just a mass of springs and metal for the most part.

Also, do you have a floating bridge on another guitar at all or is this just something you fancy? As unless you really want to do alot of whammy work, they're a total pain and can really drag out the restringing process

Well the thing is I have an Ibanez RG series guitar that has a floating bridge and i'm selling it soon so I wont be able to do any work with the whammy bar, but I guess i'll just replace it with a lock in whammy