Hi,

for the last couple weeks ive been experiencing musical burnout.
everytime i try to lift up the guitar and play i'm just not feeling anything and don't feel like learning anything new. i've tried listening to different songs and kinds of music but nothing seems to motivate me anymore.
any suggestions?
Eat a guitar pick, that way music will become a part of you.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
You just got bored of playing the same thing. Just play something completely opposite of wut ur doing now.
dont play for a week or two even if you want to
QUOTE=HappyDrugs]Spectator mode.

Quote by Daneeka
Oh God, this is the fastest win i have ever seen.

I think the mods can't bare with your epicness and banned you.

Let's blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by horloko
You just got bored of playing the same thing. Just play something completely opposite of what you're doing now.

Fixed/This
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

instead of learning something, write your own song and just dick around with it and keep yourself interested.
wow this forum is pretty active.

thx for replying like almost instantly lol
Ahem my sig has a link to an article that covers this I believe, cough cough.

But to summarize... Best things to do, both from advice of others and personal experience:

1) Keep Writing and Learning. try to get all that bad energy out of you and keep going strong. or maybe its just your state of mind, and not so much the music you're producing or trying to play, you can always come back later with a new perspective.

2) Collaborate with other musicians. Damn fun and inspirational. You'd be surprised what adding one more instrument and one different idea from another person can do for your song. Or the song you're covering. Mess around with it. Change it up.

3) Play a different instrument. I remember trying to learn spanish years ago and getting bored as hell. I tried learning Russian and suddenly Spanish was so much more appealing. It can open your eyes to whatever.

4) Take a break. Seriously, put it down for a few days or even a few weeks if you need to. Your musical need will force you to gravitate back to it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by floppypick
Eat a guitar pick, that way music will become a part of you.

floppypick you genius! i never that abpot doing that before
Quote by Littleangus44
floppypick you genius! i never that abpot doing that before

..... Tell me how it goes.

Oh and whatever you do, don't use a floppypick, I did, and had very unfortunate results
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
..... Tell me how it goes.

Oh and whatever you do, don't use a floppypick, I did, and had very unfortunate results

um how does it go when you know, when it comes out the other end?
I know that feeling. Sometimes I pick up the guitar and feel like I am the most unoriginal bastid on the planet. I would say, get some lessons. A good teacher will help to you think outside of your brain, your favorite chords, and the boxes you like to play in. Good luck, mang!
Quote by Littleangus44
um how does it go when you know, when it comes out the other end?

You know what blood is right?
Well, there was lots of that, and I wouldn't recommend reusing the pick, though I've heard you get special playing abilities when you do.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Fixed/This

Thanks. I hate using abbreviations like that but since I've been texting all day I kinda forgot myself.
I having a 3 year burnout .. pitmade it worse

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by floppypick
You know what blood is right?
Well, there was lots of that, and I wouldn't recommend reusing the pick, though I've heard you get special playing abilities when you do.

well it would be interesting to have blood gush out something besides my penzor

Quote by demoniacfashion
Is it even possible to swallow a pick without injury? If it is, I'm so doing it.

Not possible. But I hear that swallowing a steak knife is a lot easier. Scientifically proven.

Try it and videotape it kindly, please, and thank you.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Don't force it. Give music a break for a few days...even a week. It'll be difficult, but when you come back to it everything will sound so much sweeter.

I have 'musical burnouts' quite often but they never last more than a couple of days.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Not possible. But I hear that swallowing a steak knife is a lot easier. Scientifically proven.

Try it and videotape it kindly, please, and thank you.

nonono, you got it all wrong.

You need water with your steak knife.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Venture into the realm of neoclassical shred

No. Please, do not. Anything but this. Anything.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Flying Couch
Get into a new genre. I recommend classical and prog.

Start playing acoustic more.

+1

also, listen to music from other parts of the world, even if it's in the same genre you already like, it will still most likely be different from what you're used to, I recommend Flamenco, Classical, Prog rock/metal, Power metal, Mariachi, and Carnatic
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Quote by Jamingguitarist
weed will solve this

Plus post #5

We speak the truth!
This sig is
Dude, that happened to me early this year...And I'm just now getting out of it

I dunno, it happens. A lot of the time I just feel I'll never write anything good, so I don't even try. I don't know how I demotivate myself so excellently, but I do. ANYWHO, don't worry about it, it'll go away naturally. Go listen to some Bebop, jazz fusion, or progressive rock/metal. Or bluegrass.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus