Yea, get thick strings and tune down. Try these two tunings)

ADGFAD (No C String)

Or

ADGCFA (No high D)
sure its possible, what you mean to say is will it sound good.

and the awnser is yes, with the right string gauge it would work
It can be done, but if your guitar isn't set up for it the strings are gonna be reeeeeeeeeeeeally loose.
Quote by Wylde14
sure its possible, what you mean to say is will it sound good.

and the awnser is yes, with the right string gauge it would work

i use 11-48
Or you can get a 7 string set and just use the high-E as a clothesline.

E-cookies to anyone who knows which UGer I stole that quote from.
I think you have to have a special type of guitar, like Zakk Wyld
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by ltd v100
i use 11-48

i dont know whether thatd work or not, as i use standard tuning. but scince i use 10's myself i would think youd need a higher gauge then that, note that bending will be a bitch if you raise the gauge for lower tuning
Quote by Corruption

no you dont, although baritone guitars are another way of doing it while using lower gauge strings
Quote by Wylde14
no you dont, although baritone guitars are another way of doing it while using lower gauge strings

oh well someone told me that at guitar center i guess the guy just wanted me to buy the guitar

dick.

fortunatly, i didn't!
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
well i just tuned my dean ml down to A and the strings arnt real loose and it sounds pretty good
Quote by ltd v100
well i just tuned my dean ml down to A and the strings arnt real loose and it sounds pretty good

Well why didn't you even try it before you came here and asked us??
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
Quote by Corruption
Well why didn't you even try it before you came here and asked us??

to be honest i wasnt sure if u had to have a seven string to get that low
Quote by ltd v100
to be honest i wasnt sure if u had to have a seven string to get that low

Oh okay that's cool
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
any guitar'll do. i 've never done drop A or A standard but in B standard i used 13-56. you can get a 7 string pack that has 13-59 if you discard the high E (no price difference). just set your intonation and maybe a turn of the truss rod you should be fine to go.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
Yea, get thick strings and tune down. Try these two tunings)

ADGFAD (No C String)

Or

ADGCFA (No high D)

ADGCEA . . . . . not ADGCFA. . . . tuning to ADGCFA would screw anybody up trying to play like that. Check into some Nile though, Karl Sanders is the king of Drop A. . . . which would actually be AEADGF#B . . . . . A Standard is ADGCEA. . . . and yes heavier string gauges and set up adjustments would be needed to not have rubber band strings.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Be less poor and buy an 8 string, then let the crushing begin.

God I ****ing love 8 strings.
Quote by Corruption

+1000 LOL
you need to have a custom set of strings if your local shop sells them.

thats what i do since they have direct contact with GHS Strings.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab