Page 1 of 2
So guys im finally getting a new bass!
ive looked at the musicman stingray 5, many warwicks and fenders. The best one imo is the sting ray. I was wondering if you could recommend me some basses under 1800 ( they have to be 5 string)

thanks!
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Try the Bongo as well--while the shape is odd the sonic qualities of the Stingray's brother are amazing.

Also look at Spectors..
the only problem is taht no place in my city carries spectors or bongos
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Music Man StingRay 5-String

or

Fender American Standard Jazz Bass V

And RHCP is awesome
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Music Man StingRay 5-String

or

Fender American Standard Jazz Bass V

And RHCP is awesome

These play very well.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
i have another question, is there any neck through warwicks? because the warwicks i tried felt and were as heavy as tree trunks
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Quote by rambelpalsis
i have another question, is there any neck through warwicks? because the warwicks i tried felt and were as heavy as tree trunks

Almost all Warwicks that you try will be heavy due to choice of wood (the neck construction has little effect on overall weight), however, several of their ash/swamp ash models are relatively light. Personally, I would would suggest a Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman. You would have to buy it used, but I love mine and they are damn nice basses.

Really though, you can't go wrong with a Stingray. I just wish that I didn't hate the looks of the pickguard on the Stingray fivers so much
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
i was also thinking of saving more and trying the marcus miller or victor bailey jazz basses but i dont know where i could try them out
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Quote by rambelpalsis
i was also thinking of saving more and trying the marcus miller or victor bailey jazz basses but i dont know where i could try them out
You should be able to find a Marcus Miller at your local guitar center. I saw a marcus miller at my local guitar center and it was absolutely gorgeous! Sadly i didn't get to play it. Your local guitar center may have the victor bailey but it'll be harder to find seeing as it's a more botique fender.

EDIT: To TS, maybe you should try the Fender American Standard Jazz Bass five-string and the Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass five string. Although the latter will be more hi-fi sounding, you might like it better than the passive american standard.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Last edited by FenderAmpeg93 at Nov 2, 2008,
Quote by rambelpalsis
the only problem is taht no place in my city carries spectors or bongos

Im nearly positive for $1800 you can get free delivery from musiciansfriend.com. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by rambelpalsis

not for your money. or your purpose. BW was right.

and if you like the stingray, that sounds fine. also look at a Deluxe Fender Jazz though.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i have no guitar center, i live in canada and i dont want to order from musicians friend-i want to play the bass first
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Quote by TooFast
These play very well.

Not at all IMO.
The neck is as big as a 6 string.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
EBMM Sterling 5

Sound is very similar to the Stingray but looks loads better.
Schetcher Elite Studio 5
or Stilletto 5
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
Quote by Miss G
EBMM Sterling 5

Sound is very similar to the Stingray but looks loads better.

Es para las ellas. No es bueno para los ellos.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Quote by Caustic
I love the graphite reinforced neck in American Fenders, and the active package and 2 extra frets on the Deluxe are worth the price of admission. However, after playing literally $25,000 worth of basses today, I must say that the Bongo's a really fun instrument, and that basswood (bass like the fish, not the instrument) is really tonally even to be honest. I played the Bongo 6, and it was a lot of fun. Their humbuckers aren't as obnoxious.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Beast_Within

wat
Quote by Miss G
wat

I believe it's spelled LOL WUT.

And if I know my *other languages* properly, he said it's good for women, not good for men. And I believe translates to .
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I believe it's spelled LOL WUT.

And if I know my *other languages* properly, he said it's good for women, not good for men. And I believe translates to .

Effective translation Fitzy. I would expect nothing less. However, I must add, before the wrath of Tam, Miss G, and the other female bassists of the forum comes crashing down upon me, that the was added to show that the comment was made jokingly/in good fun.

The body design is a bit girly though, innit?
Quote by Caustic
Fender just released a American Standard P-Bass V, try dat shit out.
But Im a Jazz man myself so I recommend the Jazz V
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Beast_Within

Wow, I actually understood what he said and I've only had a semester of Spanish.

To TS: If you can stand the toilet seat appearance of a Bongo, it's a nice bass to get.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by FenderAmpeg93
Wow, I actually understood what he said and I've only had a semester of Spanish.

To TS: If you can stand the toilet seat appearance of a Bongo, it's a nice bass to get.

+1
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Beast_Within
Effective translation Fitzy. I would expect nothing less. However, I must add, before the wrath of Tam, Miss G, and the other female bassists of the forum comes crashing down upon me, that the was added to show that the comment was made jokingly/in good fun.

The body design is a bit girly though, innit?

Aye mijo! You should listen to me. Más sabe la diabla por viejo que por diabla!

Any thing that comes out of San Luis Obispo is mas fina! For shame! Para los ellas y los ellos!

But then again...I own a Stingray, so what does that say?
Quote by rambelpalsis
i have no guitar center, i live in canada and i dont want to order from musicians friend-i want to play the bass first

you're telling me there are no big music stores within 50 miles of you?
there's no guitar centers within 50 miles of me, when I want to try shit out I have to make a day of it.
You're saying for $1800, you're forcing us to choose between various small music shop basses?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
^that
its worth the drive to pick out an expensive bass
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
ya but id sped all my money for the bass on the gas
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Quote by rambelpalsis

Walk, ride a bike, take the bus, take the train. If you care enough about making sure that you are buying the right bass, then you will find a way.
Quote by Caustic
Fender american deluxe jazz bass 5 oh my Yes.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by rambelpalsis

a full tank of gas costs at most $75 and takes you atleast 200 miles, and thats assuming for the cost you have a large tank and for the distance you have a small tank.

stop making excuses.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Quote by rambelpalsis

Oh please, gas is back down at around 90 cents a litre, like it was years ago when nobody was complaining. And George Bush isn't going to be president for much longer. So enough with the memes.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
ok so where is the nearest guitar center from Winnipeg Manitoba
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
It'll be called Long and McQuade.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
there's a thing called guitarcenter.com. they have a store locator. use it.

EDIT:^^^or what fitzy says. he knows more than me.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by thefitz
It'll be called Long and McQuade.

Long and mcquade only has fender, ibanez, warwick and stingrays. We only have 1 i winnipeg
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
I played a 6-string Bongo and an Ibanez BTB at mine on Saturday, as well as several MTD basses. Oh, and a T-Bird.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
by that i meant long and mcquade in winnipeg
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
sorry to interrupt but did fitzy just say he played a T-bird!?! I think I need to lay down.

EDIT: to make this not spam I'd look into that bongo. as much as I don't like stingrays the bongo's tone was just so sexy.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu