Recently my HP laptop has been acting up... I haven't been able to connect to wireless internet. Every so often the "wireless networks are in range of this computer" message comes up, but when I go to connect to one, there aren't any! Sometimes, I get a limited or no connectivity message even though I'm not actually connected to anything.

This problem occurs with every wireless network, so I'm probably right in assuming it's a problem with my own computer. But what is it? I tried the SP2 registry fix for limited or no connectivity issues and although the limited or no connectivity message doesn't pop up anymore I still can't connect to the internet.

Help please?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Well, that's definitely tits on a whale.

I'd say bring it in, or try googling the problem.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
install new drivers for your wirelscard, if your using a antenna thingy just reinstall the program. also it automatically connects because thats a option you have with wireless networks. just go to the properties of that network and uncheck: connect if this network is in range. id also recommend that you remove the network and add it again(only do this is you remember the password of the network because you will need it). if it still doesnt work then i dont now.
I'm bringing it in to my school's tech guy on Monday, but I was hoping for a fix sooner. I'll post in the computer thread, should I delete this one?

EDIT: I reinstalled the drivers already, and the computer can't connect to any network because for some reason it can't "see" any networks.

2nd EDIT: I've tried all of those things, but for some reason all the networks that my computer could connect to have been deleted. I can't enter any passwords though, because my computer can't even find networks to connect to.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Nov 1, 2008,
Quote by armins
install new drivers for your wirelscard, if your using a antenna thingy just reinstall the program. also it automatically connects because thats a option you have with wireless networks. just go to the properties of that network and uncheck: connect if this network is in range. id also recommend that you remove the network and add it again(only do this is you remember the password of the network because you will need it). if it still doesnt work then i dont now.

Second. Do that!