Right we played a gig tonight
Not the greatest venue but we had a decent crowd and about 80% fresh faces (and therefore potential fans)
We'd spent the last month or so really polishing our set and tightening it up, plus we were premiering our newest song tonight
Then my drummer went and got stoned out of his mind even though we had all agreed not to smoke before the show.
So during the set, he's going out of time all over the place and he even stopped several times to stare at the lights. He's varying the tempo and time signatures all over the place, and when he stops and we carry on playing, he makes us all stop before he will resume making us look like a crowd of amateurs.
Now I'm not the only other person in the band pissed at him, but any ideas on what we should do?
I'm thinking of a right earful in the morning (we have another gig tomorrow night in a different town, again new crowd)

tl;dr: drummer got stoned, ****ed up set and lost us potential new fans. Need to sort out problem before tomorrow's show to avoid repeat
ohai little sig.
give him another chance if he doesnt it again id start to look for a new drummer

((thats wat id do if i was in ur shoes))
Honestly, keep an eye on him. Its too late to switch drummers and teach them the new material. Keep him away from the pot.

Sound like dudes not serious as the rest of you, which is a huge problem if your trying to go somewhere with you band.

Good luck, cheers.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
when you get gangrene.. you amputate.

i've been fired from bands before for not doing my job. if you're straight up without being a dink you can fire the guy without any drama or BS.

of course.. i KNEW i wasn't doing my job, so it was different. i accepted that they fired me because of my own negligence. if this guy is completely clueless he might have a tantrum
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
he makes u stop?! Id flip on him, and give him one more shot...my drummer gets stoned but he still plays well, maybe just faster so i dont mind...u cant have a shitty drummer though itll make the whole band sound horrible
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
just give em s**t, and threaten his future in the band. or kick him out immediately, it's what u want. haha
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Club together, buy an eighth of dope, tell him you'll give it to him for free if he stays straight for the gig.
He'll do it, believe me, and once he does, as you are giving him his dope, explain to him how he's obviously proven that he has the willpower to stay straight for a gig, so he no longer has any excuse to get stoned before a gig again.

Then explain to him that Keith Moon's roadies used to inject him with adrenaline to straighten him up for a gig and if you ever catch him with a joint before a gig again, you personaly will not hesitate to do the same, then show him your hands shaking.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Nov 3, 2008,
Maybe he has no idea how bad he was screwing up, so break it to him gently and see things your way.
give him this next show and if it was me he would be gone regardless, thats just ****ing up way too bad there in my opinion. if your gonna take this serious youve gotta treat this like a business, would you get a second chance if you showed up to work stoned? no so you keep him around just until you get a chance to boot his ass
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Club together, buy an eighth of dope, tell him you'll give it to him for free if he stays straight for the gig.
He'll do it, believe me, and once he does, as you are giving him his dope, explain to him how he's obviously proven that he has the willpower to stay straight for a gig, so he no longer has any excuse to get stoned before a gig again.

Then explain to him that Keith Moon's roadies used to inject him with adrenaline to straighten him up for a gig and if you ever catch him with a joint before a gig again, you personaly will not hesitate to do the same, then show him your hands shaking.

+1