They'd both do punk perfectly well and to be honest I'd say that the deciding factor between the two should be your budget. Get the most expensive one you can afford but they should both serve you well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
They'd both do punk perfectly well and to be honest I'd say that the deciding factor between the two should be your budget. Get the most expensive one you can afford but they should both serve you well.

well, the thing is i think the sienna burst with maple fretboard is sexy.
and that's on the standard
go
to
guitar
center
and play the guitars

on a less angry note. what amp are you playing through?
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by Swap-Meet
well, the thing is i think the sienna burst with maple fretboard is sexy.
and that's on the standard

Then either get or save the money for a standard. Sounds to me like you've already made your choice and are just looking for approval from the community at large.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well let me just say i own both...and honestly i like my highway one better. If you get the ones that came out after 06 that is(which im pretty sure are the only ones that have the HSS option anyways...dunno though). It is so much more versatile, or seems that way at least. Mine was originally a SSS model, but was routed to fit HSH, and ive had a "norton" in the bridge and also, currently, i have a fast track(2?)...just because i wanted to dropthe norton into another guitar. The H1 is cheaper and a whole lot more bang for the buck, and if you replace the saddles with graphite ones(you dont have too though) its like playing pure sex
EDIT: You know they have a sunburst H1 now right? i mean, its not exactly what you wanted, but if you just prefer burst's over single color
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Last edited by Lamrick21 at Nov 1, 2008,
Quote by Swap-Meet
well before i spent an extra 250$ for a paint job I wanted to know the differences

In terms of specs there's little difference but in terms of build quality and all that kind of stuff the difference is in the long term. The american one should be built better in every respect.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Swap-Meet
They're both american made (i think)

the Highway one is partly american, i think its got a few mexican pieces in there somewhere...
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by Swap-Meet
They're both american made (i think)

I meant as in American Standard

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Swap-Meet
Crate V-50

no GC anywhere in my..country.

I apologize, where do you buy from then?
I quite like the V-50 myself, I'm actually considering buying one, hows it working for you?
/threadjack
I'm actually partial to the highway one strat myself but I went with the hh jag because they're so unusual.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Go to Steve's Music or Archambault and try some stuff.

I'd get the American, because I like maple fretboards.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I meant as in American Standard

ahh, so will the american just feel alot better?

Quote by evilbeaver22
I apologize, where do you buy from then?
I quite like the V-50 myself, I'm actually considering buying one, hows it working for you?
/threadjack
I'm actually partial to the highway one strat myself but I went with the hh jag because they're so unusual.

I really like it, it is a little too bassy with it's OD
Read my comment on your profile. Just wait out for the mustang.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I use the American Deluxe Strat HSS...locking tuners, ball-bearing nut, S-1 switching system, straplocks, NOT a six-pointed bridge...the only half-flaw of this guitar is the pickups, and that is literally it.
Quote by Swap-Meet
ahh, so will the american just feel alot better?

Feel? I don't know. Build quality is more to do with the wiring, quality control, wood quality, other hardware and stuff like that than feel. The theory is that something that is built better will last longer and need less maintainence.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Feel? I don't know. Build quality is more to do with the wiring, quality control, wood quality, other hardware and stuff like that than feel. The theory is that something that is built better will last longer and need less maintainence.

what about the MIJ fenders?
Quote by Swap-Meet
what about the MIJ fenders?

my jag is mij, and it sounds wonderful, the guitar was almost perfectly set up out of the box, the only issue is that I have switched to .11's and there is minor string buzz on the low e when I strum really hard open. Other than that the guitar is perfectly set up.
Quote by GeneralGrim
Quote by evilbeaver22
my jag is mij, and it sounds wonderful, the guitar was almost perfectly set up out of the box, the only issue is that I have switched to .11's and there is minor string buzz on the low e when I strum really hard open. Other than that the guitar is perfectly set up.

Did you get the jag that's all black with chrome?
They're both great, but I'd say Highway One.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk